• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone develop for alexa?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone develop for alexa?

Just seen this, a free Echo if you publish an Alexa Skill

Publish a Skill in the UK, DE, IT OR ES, earn Alexa perks - Alexa Skills Kit
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Just seen this, a free Echo if you publish an Alexa Skill

Publish a Skill in the UK, DE, IT OR ES, earn Alexa perks - Alexa Skills Kit

They need to work on their advertising skills - the current one which is on daytime TV a lot (when you're retired, you sometimes watch daytime TV) includes a section where a woman opens the curtains and looks out the window, then says "Alexa what is the weather right now"
    Now, I may be stupid, but if you're looking out the window you can see what the weather is right now.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

She’s blind, hence the dog

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        They need to work on their advertising skills - the current one which is on daytime TV a lot (when you're retired, you sometimes watch daytime TV) includes a section where a woman opens the curtains and looks out the window, then says "Alexa what is the weather right now"
        Now, I may be stupid, but if you're looking out the window you can see what the weather is right now.
        She's blind. She has a guide dog. It's done in partnership with the RNIB. Their logo appears in the ad. Maybe you should give them a call.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

OMG this is just comedy gold. How funny is this thread...

And this.
          That opening...

Linky if anyone is interested

Amazon Alexa helps blind woman in RNIB-approved ad
          Last edited by northernladuk; 28 September 2019, 11:53.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Has she got the Samuel L. Jackson Alexa voice, mofo?
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Mods can we move this to general so this gets the attention it deserves?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

How disappointing, it's the standard Alexa voice on the ad.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

My mistake. It wasn't clear to me that the woman was blind.

Comment

Anyway, Wareable on Twitter: "Amazon Echo Frames glasses lets Alexa sit on your face

https://t.co/O7gsCo3EVd… "

Comment

Working...
                    X