• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Boom

Sod it, let's add another one...

A few years ago I did a contract which was an initial 3 months with a possible 3 month extension for company who were embarking on a large project and wanted a permie. I stayed for 5 years until they eventually got their permie. A couple of weeks ago they rang me asking if I could cover 1-2 days a week while said permie goes on paternity leave for 4 months. As my other contract tends to be mainly evenings and weekends and was a bit quiet at the time, I said certainly (they're nice people and have remained in contact with some of the guys there over the years.) As this is direct with them, I wrote up a contract with a 15% increase on the hourly rate and it came back all fine and is now signed off, so quite happy.

The other contract suddenly picked up the day i signed the contract so now I have to fit in trips to Toronto, Tel Aviv and Pennsylvania so some tight scheduling will have to be performed.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm reporting you to Greta. You are stealing her future, mister carbon air-miles.

Comment

Comment

Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X