• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn he's been banned. Trolling it may have been, but it was also entertaining.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by gooddayall View Post
      ... Who is next .. Japan - they work like insane and they are just too weird ....
      And who is next -*
      Correction, having worked with Japanese, yes they do work long long hours, but nothing of use, some just re-do the same work others did, total crazy... I worked for a Japanese bank, that sent Japanese employees, on rotation to the UK, all they did is literally re-did everything that the local employees did ... a kind of spying and making sure the locals did their job right, yes they stayed in the office very late re-doing the work... had no life, but all their work was adding 0 value to the business, only served as spies for the management... as for the HQ staff, totally useless tbh, and they have the reassurance of the cultural notion that one has a job for life, they can never be sacked...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
        Correction, having worked with Japanese, yes they do work long long hours, but nothing of use, some just re-do the same work others did, total crazy... I worked for a Japanese bank, that sent Japanese employees, on rotation to the UK, all they did is literally re-did everything that the local employees did ... a kind of spying and making sure the locals did their job right, yes they stayed in the office very late re-doing the work... had no life, but all their work was adding 0 value to the business, only served as spies for the management... as for the HQ staff, totally useless tbh, and they have the reassurance of the cultural notion that one has a job for life, they can never be sacked...
        Have you worked with the Japanese in Japan?

They may spend their hours correcting the locals in the UK, but in Japan they seem to get on with things pretty well.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Have you worked with the Japanese in Japan?

They may spend their hours correcting the locals in the UK, but in Japan they seem to get on with things pretty well.
          They were not correcting !!! they were copying, redoing things, pointless tasks repeating what was done... no one knew why they needed to do these pointless task, everyone knew it was just for the sake of spying for higher management...

I haven't worked in Japan, and have no interest lol.

I spoke to many who worked there, and the condition do not entice me.

Comment

I worked for a Japanese car part manufacturing company and went to Japan a few times.

They often had initiatives to try and drive down waste and drive up productivity - one of the great ideas was to remove the safety gates from lifts used by FLT's to move parts around to reduce time - worked fine until someone tried to get into a lift four stories up - which was not there.

The guy died.

But apart from that which was clearly madness they are very industrious people.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
              I worked for Hitachi for 10 years in the UK and the biggest problem in my opinion was the ideology of trying to treat everyone the same. There was no acknowledgement of professional standards and senior people were treated the same as shop floor operatives. It was always claimed that it was a single status company, which it clearly wasn't, as the higher up you went, the more benefits you enjoyed. Everyone was required to clock in, except the HR executive who didn't and who was British. It was claimed that rules, some unbelievably crass, were applied equally and without favour to all, except that this ideology didn't apply to the Japanese, nor the HR executive. So to me that was the greatest failing of the Japanese, they wouldn't abide by their own rules and in my opinion, this lack of integrity completely negated any abilities that they might have been praised for.

Comment

I've never heard so much daft, stereotypical, racist rubbish. You should all be ashamed.

Though, I wouldn't expect anything more from a bunch of lazy Scottish/Irish CUKers and that one geezer from eastern europe.
                Last edited by woohoo; 1 October 2019, 12:54.

Comment

Working...
                X