• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it cuz i ain't black enough?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    What about the history of slavery in Africa?

You know the African slave trade that had been going on for 2000+ years before the Americans decided to buy some slaves from the official African slave markets?

Or do we not talk about that and pretend slavery was invented by America?
    Did you just "whatabout" slavery? Amazing scenes.

Comment

What about the history of slavery in Africa?

You know the African slave trade that had been going on for 2000+ years before the Americans decided to buy some slaves from the official African slave markets?

Or do we not talk about that and pretend slavery was invented by America?
      I think you're missing my point. I wasn't arguing that slavery only existed in the US or only involved white people.

Black History Month was created as an event in the US by academics to encourage study of black history as it wasn't covered in schools. It only became an event in the UK in the 80s.

I'm not a history expert but I doubt there's that much crossover between India and Black Africans. Hence why there's probably no 'Non-White People History Month.'

Comment

The other interesting thing to note is that the white man did not force anyone into slavery they bought them from the ancient and traditional slave markets.
        WTAF?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          WTAF?
          Unfortunately oPM feels ashamed for being white and is trying to shift his sense of shame. I'm white and not ashamed of it at all. The transatlantic slave trade was an appalling crime committed by Europeans, but I don't carry responsibility for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            You appear offended that people are offended.
            He's an apoplectic snowflake, like most Brexiter thickos.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
              What about the Barbary raids on the UK, are we allowed to mention?
              That Zeity chap used to get exercised about that seeing as his ancestors came from The Lizard.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                Meanwhile, in America....

You should've seen the cornbread stand!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

WTAF?
                  Do you have a problem with facts? Other than the obvious, like you've yet to utter one?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Do you have a problem with facts? Other than the obvious, like you've yet to utter one?
                    Did your racism trigger you again?

Comment

Did your racism trigger you again?
                      What racism?

Has your ability to engage in discourse left you, so that you must resort to spurious accusations?

Comment

Working...
                      X