• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it cuz i ain't black enough?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Indeed

I was just perturbed that when other minorities quite reasonably said "how about telling our stories" (there are some real stories of valour from the Indian and other regiments in WW1) those of African descent seemed to get upset.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...INT_UPDATE.pdf

plenty more inspiring tales from other conflicts

Victoria Cross - Wikipedia

When I find someone who has achieved equally or more I am honoured to share the spotlight with them not jealous.

You saddos may try to mock but they don'y give out awards for finding your arse when looking for your elbow. Not that there is any chance of you managing that.
    It's about time those Indians you're so fond of abolished slavery, don't you think? Maybe India should free its ~18.3 million slaves(2016 figures).

Zig - In "Purveyor of inconvenient facts" mode!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Perhaps it's because I don't suffer 's and you mate are a .
      Must be quite hard to live with yourself.
      Triggered again, your short fuse is surpassed only by your low IQ.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Must be quite hard to live with yourself.
        Triggered again, your short fuse is surpassed only by your low IQ.
        And out it comes, from underneath its rock, looking timidly from left to right, ensuring it isn't observed and then BAM! Posts its same old tulipe.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

And out it comes, from underneath its rock, looking timidly from left to right, ensuring it isn't observed and then BAM! Posts its same old tulipe.
          Too easy!
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Spuddy is the best.
            I miss Spuddy's posts. Ziggy unfortunately is a very poor substitute.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              I miss Spuddy's posts. Ziggy unfortunately is a very poor substitute.
              Indeed. Spuddy tempers his imbecility with a soupcon of humour. Ziggy is simply an angry dimwit.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Indeed. Spuddy tempers his imbecility with a soupcon of humour. Ziggy is simply an angry dimwit.
                Spuddy is a well loved regular in the Barnstaple 'Spoons. At Ziggy's local, the staff know him as "I'm not gay", because that's what he mutters under his breath before ordering, "a pint of wife beater".

Comment

It's about time those Indians you're so fond of abolished slavery, don't you think? Maybe India should free its ~18.3 million slaves(2016 figures).

Zig - In "Purveyor of inconvenient facts" mode!
                  Cheers for sharing, that is sobering. I am a fan of India because they have repeatedly proven a valuable ally whose population here mostly respect our society.

Bonded labourers, sex workers, forced beggars: India leads world in slavery | india | Hindustan Times

I wasn't aware of that , it does seem time that consumers and businesses start to specify that the supply chain must be 'clean' otherwise they lose business like Foxconn are being punished for child labour etc. At a country level our politicians should work on this and say they are less likely to deal with countries who allow slavery. Yes I know its present in the Uk but its illegal and comparatively rare.

Maps | Global Slavery Index
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I wasn't aware of that , it does seem time that consumers and businesses start to specify that the supply chain must be 'clean' otherwise they lose business like Foxconn are being punished for child labour etc. At a country level our politicians should work on this and say they are less likely to deal with countries who allow slavery. Yes I know its present in the Uk but its illegal and comparatively rare.
                    But would not trading with such countries actually help these people or make poverty worse?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      But would not trading with such countries actually help these people or make poverty worse?
                      Society very rarely lifts people up, it has a tendency to level the field by bringing others down.

Comment

Working...
                      X