• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is poor service now the acceptable norm?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is even worse than the fact that there is so much tulip service is that people think you are mad for mentioning it.

At last clientco one of the people on the "help" line spent the whole morning telling anyone who would listen how "rude" the person was who had sent her an email that contained the phrase "you haven't answered the question I was asking".

The only thing that helps me rein in my disgust is the fact that I reflect that perhaps, just maybe, I might not be 100% perfect al delivering a great service at all times

But I agree with everyone - things are flaming shocking an unreasonable amount of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      I hope things get better for you
      Likewise.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

On the topic of mental health :

I have been diagnosed with depression and general anxiety disorder.
        I'm not surprised, felt anxiety reading your post with everything that's going on in your life. How is it possible to have any structure when there's so much chaos? And if you don't have structure, your circadian rhythms will be messed up, which affect your mood.

Stop everything and take care of yourself first. Nothing is more important that your health.

Forget CBT.

I highly recommend:

Soulstream Hypnotherapy with Tricia Maitland | Solution Focused Hypnotherapy in Bath, UK

Just to note that you are not ‘hypnotised’ per se. More you go into a state of deep relaxation.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mustard View Post
          Any gigs going there?
          As a cheap whore? You'd be ideal for the role

Comment

Karma's a bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustard View Post
              Any gigs going there?
              I've asked... they said something about both indian and east europeen accent being an unholy mix for their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                It's only when you move abroad that you realise what a 2nd rate country the UK has become.
                I think its because the latest generation of Brits have had an appalling education.
                It's because with a few honourable exceptions (including myself) we're a nation of penny-pinching cheapskates.

If almost everyone insists on buying the cheapest, regardless of quality, then it's a race to the bottom and everything ends up tulipe.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's only when you move abroad that you realise what a 2nd rate country the UK has become.
                  I think its because the latest generation of Brits have had an appalling education.

thank feck we exported you then!

one day you will crawl out of your own throat!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I'm not surprised, felt anxiety reading your post with everything that's going on in your life. How is it possible to have any structure when there's so much chaos? And if you don't have structure, your circadian rhythms will be messed up, which affect your mood.

Stop everything and take care of yourself first. Nothing is more important that your health.

Forget CBT.

I highly recommend:

Soulstream Hypnotherapy with Tricia Maitland | Solution Focused Hypnotherapy in Bath, UK

Just to note that you are not ‘hypnotised’ per se. More you go into a state of deep relaxation.

carp I'm almost agreeing with spooter

you are a worthy, ignore the muppets and just get on with it.

Most people don't mean to get on your tits they are just too stupid to stay off them.

Family & love are the things that are important, you won't get any of those from the feckwits.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You're talking there about Suity right?

Comment

Working...
                      X