• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland bans smacking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland bans smacking

So Saturday nights out in Glasgow are now safe?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Of course they are, fill your boots!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Just avoid London, Slough, Birmingham, Manchester....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Scotland would do better to tackle its drug and drink issues. The estates where unemployment is the norm, violence, gingers and shouty people.

Bitey effin insects are annoying as **** to, they need to sort that.

White pudding they need to sort that out.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Scotland would do better to tackle its drug and drink issues. The estates where unemployment is the norm, violence, gingers and shouty people.

Racist!
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Square Sausage Ftw!

Natural selection will sort the Neds out.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Racist!
                Eh? Weegies aren't even human, never mind a race!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Racist!
                  I prefer to be called ignorant and uneducated.

Comment

Whilst I don't approve of smacking it should be the parent's decision and Government should leave well alone. On a very few occasions it's been unavoidable in my opinion and I smacked my kids (who are now a grown up 32, 30 and 24) even though I always said I'd never smack them. Until you've had thirty sleepless nights on the trot managing a newborn whilst your other two are going hammer and tongs you've got no idea. Plus all the holier than thou brigade get my goat. No way should it be criminalised. There's child abuse legislation in place already.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      Whilst I don't approve of smacking it should be the parent's decision and Government should leave well alone. On a very few occasions it's been unavoidable in my opinion and I smacked my kids (who are now a grown up 32, 30 and 24) even though I always said I'd never smack them. Until you've had thirty sleepless nights on the trot managing a newborn whilst your other two are going hammer and tongs you've got no idea. Plus all the holier than thou brigade get my goat. No way should it be criminalised. There's child abuse legislation in place already.
                      Abusing children is as you say, criminalised. Why should there be a special defence against an assault charge, when the victim is a child? They should have more protection, not less, regardless of cultural norms around assaulting children.

Comment

Working...
                      X