• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice: New contract, No work to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    You have 2 options

1) Keep quiet, stay under the radar and milk it for what you can, spend the time brushing up on other skills - main drawback with this is when the client notices (and they will) they will probably not look to favourable on it.
    I did the above before and it indeed did lead to the manager being unhappy. When I explained there was no work on, It led to the most menial tasks imaginable. So I walked. Best decision I made. Just wish I lined up the next contract whilst sat there doing nothing.

Comment

Relax and invoice

PM got sign off for you, won’t look good on him if he now says you are not needed hence why you are still here

Wait for this promised work until the end of your contract

Work from home a few days and catch up on box sets

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
      X