• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wife received email for me - how?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    There’s many different possibilities that don’t revolve around marital shenanigans.
    If a married couple are having sex, its probably not with each other.

I am still confused as to why I get divorced so often.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      If a married couple are having sex, its probably not with each other.

I am still confused as to why I get divorced so often.....
      We're not, we've met you
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        ...I am still confused as to why I get divorced so often.....
        Is it cause your wives can only stay drunk for so long, or that you sometimes take the paper bag off your head?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Do either of you have a social media account e.g. Facebook/Twitter/Instagram?
          Do either of you ever search on TripAdvisor?
          Did either of you search for the Travelodge on a computer where she may have been signed in to a social media account?

There’s many different possibilities that don’t revolve around marital shenanigans.
          She uses FB, I don't anymore (although I did)
          I use Twitter, she doesn't
          She uses Instagram, I never have.

She has an iPhone. I have an Android phone.

I don't use the Travelodge app because it's pants. So I just log in through the chrome browser on my Android.
          We sometimes search for reviews on TripAdvisor if we're going on holiday or to a hotel/ restaurant, but not often and neither of us have an account with and have never booked anything through them. That could conceivably have happened whilst simultaneously logged into her or my email accounts on the computer at home.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
            on the computer at home.
            Likely a tracking cookie from Travelodge picked up by TripAdvisor who then sent the email based on local settings.

Hence why there's the annoying cookie consent pop-up bollox on websites that are looking to make money on tracking activity to sell on to others.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

are you a member of the loyalty club for the restaurant next to the hotel? not travelodge in my case, but some hotels link my wife with me via the adjoining restaurant loyalty scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                When weird tulip like this happens I think a GDPR Subject Access Request is in order.

You or your wife could craft one (in her name) and send it to Travellodge asking for all data held on your wife. Explain what has happened and tell them you want to find out how and stop it happening again.

They can't ignore it and will have to comply
                THIS ^^^^^
                except do two DSARs, one for each of you.
                Or 4 and include Tripadvisor.
                They have 30 days to respond.

Please report back the findings.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

it's like receiving adds on your mobile or computer browser when your wife looked at some on line shops. I happens when you share a modem

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    it's like receiving adds on your mobile or computer browser when your wife looked at some on line shops. I happens when you share a modem
                    I must remember that excuse.

Browser says I was looking for ladies underwear because....because...because my wife was looking. Yeah. Definetly right.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      Your wife found out about your lover in the travel lodge and using this as a warning shot across your bows

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                      A gentleman brings his lover to a Premier Inn.

Comment

Working...
                      X