Wife received email for me - how? Wife received email for me - how? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 25 of 25

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    A gentleman brings his lover to a Premier Inn.
    RELAIS & CHÂTEAUX ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

A gentleman brings his lover to a Premier Inn.
    Dare I look that up on urban dictionary?

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Dare I look that up on urban dictionary?
    If you do, make sure it’s not on a computer that is used by your wife or her lawyer.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Fingers like lightning

GJABS - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Likely a tracking cookie from Travelodge picked up by TripAdvisor who then sent the email based on local settings.
    This.

When you visit a website, the website often saves its own cookies to the local cache. But it also often saves what are called "third party cookies" - that can be read by other websites.
    This means that you and the wife could each log onto different websites on the same machine (say you gmail, and her facebook), and third party tracking cookies left by each can be read by the other. This enables accounts, and therefore people, to become linkable across websites.

It is typically done for advertising- an example being where you might search Google for "fishing rods", for example. This information is useful to advertisers because they can then target adverts to you even on different websites, each of which has a vested interest in trying to get your money.

The remedy, if you want to prevent this, is to configure the browser to refuse websites permission to save third party cookies (i.e. only save normal "first party" cookies defined by that site.

A second thing you can do is, to enable something called "First Party Isolation", which does a similar thing.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/first...ation-firefox/

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by GJABS View Post
    This.

When you visit a website, the website often saves its own cookies to the local cache. But it also often saves what are called "third party cookies" - that can be read by other websites.
    This means that you and the wife could each log onto different websites on the same machine (say you gmail, and her facebook), and third party tracking cookies left by each can be read by the other. This enables accounts, and therefore people, to become linkable across websites.

It is typically done for advertising- an example being where you might search Google for "fishing rods", for example. This information is useful to advertisers because they can then target adverts to you even on different websites, each of which has a vested interest in trying to get your money.

The remedy, if you want to prevent this, is to configure the browser to refuse websites permission to save third party cookies (i.e. only save normal "first party" cookies defined by that site.

A second thing you can do is, to enable something called "First Party Isolation", which does a similar thing.

What Is First-Party Isolation and How to Enable It in Firefox - Make Tech Easier

Is there a browser (such as that new Brave one) that has these settings on by default?

I think I've read that some browser plug-ins allow a default 'accept' but is there one that does a default 'decline'?

I hate those sites that have a pop-up demanding you click 'accept' to allow hell's spawn onto your device, or a convoluted 'decline' process where you have to deselect dozens of options for third parties that are part of that hell spawn. I only want to read one soddin article not set up a profile on each bloody website.

About time someone kicked the tulip out of this for the sake of user experience and delivered on the promise of an alternative to advertisement income for websites. Facebook, Google, and all the other data sucking scum are leading us to a place where a revolution will be required.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.