• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wife received email for me - how?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife received email for me - how?

I have a business account with Travelodge which I use from time to time. Last week, I logged in to my account on my android phone, using my email address. I booked a room and paid for it through my business Paypal account which is connected to my business bank account.

I received the booking confirmation in my email account. I received notification from Paypal into my email account.

The day after I stayed, my wife received an email from TripAdvisor asking her to review her stay at the Travelodge.

My wife has nothing to do with my business account and never has. She's not registered for my business or any of the accounts mentioned above.

Our email accounts are not connected in any way. She's never stepped foot in a Travelodge.

Neither of us have a TripAdvisor account and I didn't book the Travelodge through them.

I'm perplexed by this, totally. Any ideas?

Perhaps your wife is not as confused by the situation as you are. However improbable, whatever remains must be the truth or something like that.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

When weird tulip like this happens I think a GDPR Subject Access Request is in order.

You or your wife could craft one (in her name) and send it to Travellodge asking for all data held on your wife. Explain what has happened and tell them you want to find out how and stop it happening again.

They can't ignore it and will have to comply

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
        I have a business account with Travelodge which I use from time to time. Last week, I logged in to my account on my android phone, using my email address. I booked a room and paid for it through my business Paypal account which is connected to my business bank account.

I received the booking confirmation in my email account. I received notification from Paypal into my email account.

The day after I stayed, my wife received an email from TripAdvisor asking her to review her stay at the Travelodge.

My wife has nothing to do with my business account and never has. She's not registered for my business or any of the accounts mentioned above.

Our email accounts are not connected in any way. She's never stepped foot in a Travelodge.

Neither of us have a TripAdvisor account and I didn't book the Travelodge through them.

While you were away shagging at one travel lodge, your wife was away shagging at another one.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Your wife found out about your lover in the travel lodge and using this as a warning shot across your bows

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Never underestimate the power of the terms and conditions of mobile phone apps, look closely and see how many apps "require" access to your contacts, once they have that it's simple for them to piece together more about you and you even thought you knew.

I have a stalking account on linkedin, attached to a throw away email address that I have never used other than to set up the account. I only use the account in incognito mode but still have a "person you may know" notification on both accounts for each other.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Whose name is the car you used registered to? Maybe, just a guess.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                Whose name is the car you used registered to? Maybe, just a guess.
                It's my car.

I did joke with my wife that it's a good job I'm not having an illicit affair.

It's totally baffling. I'm sure there's a simple explanation to all of this and I have emailed Travelodge to ask them how it has happened.

There's no harm done, and I'm not bothered as such, but I am intrigued as to how this could happen. My name isn't mentioned in the email she received. It's like they think she was the customer.

Comment

I'm laughing... but really I'm not... * Googles "right to be forgotten" *
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Do either of you have a social media account e.g. Facebook/Twitter/Instagram?
                    Do either of you ever search on TripAdvisor?
                    Did either of you search for the Travelodge on a computer where she may have been signed in to a social media account?

There’s many different possibilities that don’t revolve around marital shenanigans.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X