Wife received email for me - how? Wife received email for me - how?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 25

Fingers like lightning

JRCT is a permanent contractor

Default Wife received email for me - how?

I have a business account with Travelodge which I use from time to time. Last week, I logged in to my account on my android phone, using my email address. I booked a room and paid for it through my business Paypal account which is connected to my business bank account.

I received the booking confirmation in my email account. I received notification from Paypal into my email account.

The day after I stayed, my wife received an email from TripAdvisor asking her to review her stay at the Travelodge.

My wife has nothing to do with my business account and never has. She's not registered for my business or any of the accounts mentioned above.

Our email accounts are not connected in any way. She's never stepped foot in a Travelodge.

Neither of us have a TripAdvisor account and I didn't book the Travelodge through them.

I'm perplexed by this, totally. Any ideas?

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Perhaps your wife is not as confused by the situation as you are. However improbable, whatever remains must be the truth or something like that.

“We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Contractor Among Contractors

CheeseSlice is a permanent contractor

When weird tulip like this happens I think a GDPR Subject Access Request is in order.

You or your wife could craft one (in her name) and send it to Travellodge asking for all data held on your wife. Explain what has happened and tell them you want to find out how and stop it happening again.

They can't ignore it and will have to comply

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by JRCT View Post
    I have a business account with Travelodge which I use from time to time. Last week, I logged in to my account on my android phone, using my email address. I booked a room and paid for it through my business Paypal account which is connected to my business bank account.

I received the booking confirmation in my email account. I received notification from Paypal into my email account.

The day after I stayed, my wife received an email from TripAdvisor asking her to review her stay at the Travelodge.

My wife has nothing to do with my business account and never has. She's not registered for my business or any of the accounts mentioned above.

Our email accounts are not connected in any way. She's never stepped foot in a Travelodge.

Neither of us have a TripAdvisor account and I didn't book the Travelodge through them.

While you were away shagging at one travel lodge, your wife was away shagging at another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Fingers like lightning

GhostofTarbera is NOT a disguised employee

Your wife found out about your lover in the travel lodge and using this as a warning shot across your bows

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

Never underestimate the power of the terms and conditions of mobile phone apps, look closely and see how many apps "require" access to your contacts, once they have that it's simple for them to piece together more about you and you even thought you knew.

I have a stalking account on linkedin, attached to a throw away email address that I have never used other than to set up the account. I only use the account in incognito mode but still have a "person you may know" notification on both accounts for each other.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Super poster

Gibbon is NOT a disguised employee

Whose name is the car you used registered to? Maybe, just a guess.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Fingers like lightning

JRCT is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbon View Post
    Whose name is the car you used registered to? Maybe, just a guess.
    It's my car.

I did joke with my wife that it's a good job I'm not having an illicit affair.

It's totally baffling. I'm sure there's a simple explanation to all of this and I have emailed Travelodge to ask them how it has happened.

There's no harm done, and I'm not bothered as such, but I am intrigued as to how this could happen. My name isn't mentioned in the email she received. It's like they think she was the customer.

More time posting than coding

wattaj 's job has never been outsourced

I'm laughing... but really I'm not... * Googles "right to be forgotten" *
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Do either of you have a social media account e.g. Facebook/Twitter/Instagram?
    Do either of you ever search on TripAdvisor?
    Did either of you search for the Travelodge on a computer where she may have been signed in to a social media account?

There’s many different possibilities that don’t revolve around marital shenanigans.
    Strong and Stable Moderation