• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone sold stuff via MusicMagpie?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone sold stuff via MusicMagpie?

Moving house imminently and looking at getting shot of some stuff thats been hanging around for years. Games, CD's DVD etc. Has anyone sold stuff like this with MusicMagpie? Expecting to get pennies for most of it but there is so much of it its worth it as long as they actually pay up.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Yes, got rid of most of my DVDs and CDs. Some were only 10p, some were a couple of quid. Got the money in the time they said. They rejected one disk, but accepted a couple of hundred others.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Moving house imminently and looking at getting shot of some stuff thats been hanging around for years. Games, CD's DVD etc. Has anyone sold stuff like this with MusicMagpie? Expecting to get pennies for most of it but there is so much of it its worth it as long as they actually pay up.
      Poor people ??

Got any Dolly Parton ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

The other thing I did was that any disks that either didn’t scan or they didn’t want - I took them down to a local charity shop/
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Poor people ??

Got any Dolly Parton ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          Biggest its!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Keep the best DVDs. One day they'll be collector's items, driven by the lack of availability when all the streaming services are unable to provide the titles through in-fighting of the various rights owners.

Already happens now to some titles, so check used prices on MusicMagpie, Amazon, CeX to see if it may be worth selling those separately on eBay/Gumtree, presuming it's too much hassle to sell them via Amazon Marketplace as a one-off task.

Not tried recently to know if the price still holds but I managed to get a quid a DVD for some that I'd replaced with blu-ray, down at the local car boot sale. If you've loads it may be worth a look down one weekend to see if there's still enough of a demand that way.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Check out ziffit - I found that they both take more of your stuff, and give you a better price for it.

Never had a problem getting the money off them - think I had one book disallowed, but it was in poor nick and only made 20p difference!

They often do a 10%-20% uplift over bank holidays and the like, but you might be able to google a code too.

Comment

just give them all away to charity for good karma

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Give it to a charity shop, if you are only expecting pennines send those pennies to a good cause
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                  X