• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paid too much....they got the decimal placing wrong

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite an experience this morning when checking my business account. I've been paid £74k for a months work....not bad going. It looks like the agency have got the decimal place wrong in the invoice. Being the honest man I am I have informed them
    Not sure how it will work paying it back but i think it'll be messy as i'm paid in Euros and its converted by my bank along with other charges.

Think about if the mistake was on the other side, it would be 30+ days before you'd get someone on the phone let alone a refund.

Take the money!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Think about if the mistake was on the other side, it would be 30+ days before you'd get someone on the phone let alone a refund.

Take the money!
      "Honesty" and "Integrity", obviously two words with which you are unfamiliar.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        "Honesty" and "Integrity", obviously two words with which you are unfamiliar.

What can I say, I'm a child of Brexit democracy.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Take the money!
          Whatever you do, don't do that. There have been plenty of cases of people going to prison for keeping and spending the money.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankyFingers View Post
            Quite an experience this morning when checking my business account. I've been paid £74k for a months work....not bad going. It looks like the agency have got the decimal place wrong in the invoice.
            That's shocking

I assume £7400 for a month is because you had two weeks off?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              That's shocking

Don't be mean, working poverty is real.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                Whatever you do, don't do that. There have been plenty of cases of people going to prison for keeping and spending the money.
                I've already let them know....I can't believe that it would make it all the way to my bank without being noticed though.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  That's shocking

You're not far off actually....I had 10 working days off that month.

Comment

Explain to them the charge, and due to their error they shoulsd take the hit for transaction costs. It’s illegal to withhold. Than call your bank, explain your situation and see if they can do some goodwill considering error. Free money. (As long as fee is worth it)
                    Or
                    Put it all on black and make your money no time!
                    Last edited by GigiBronz; 14 October 2019, 09:42.

Comment

Working...
                    X