• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sumfin wrong 'innit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sumfin wrong 'innit?

Oxford English Dictionary is accused of sumfin awful after including slang words in annual update | Daily Mail Online

It's just a reflection of how language changes over time. If we never let it evolve we'd still be speaking Chaucerian English

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      It's just a reflection of how language changes over time. If we never let it evolve we'd still be speaking Chaucerian English
      Whatevs!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        agreed.

and different parts of the country have different words for the same meaning, whilst having different meanings for the same words. And then there is Wenglish!

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
          agreed.

and different parts of the country have different words for the same meaning, whilst having different meanings for the same words. And then there is Wenglish!
          Oh FFS, I thought you'd died!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            nah, just otherwise engaged for a short while. Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Nah WTFH is a crap shot!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X