• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Playing on Linked In

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing on Linked In

Yes, I could post this in the business section, but it doesn't deserve to go there.

Been contacted by an unknown Indian lady about a role. As soon as she said the location was Zone 1 London, I told her who the end client was.
    I know how much their budget is, and I don't want to work for them for that little. She is also not dealing directly with the client, but through another company, so 2 lots of hands in the pot.
    I also sent my CV as a PDF, so she can't easily edit it.

Oh, and told her I wanted £200 per day more than the figure I know the end client is offering.

Ah well, it's put in an hour.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Yes, I could post this in the business section, but it doesn't deserve to go there.

Been contacted by an unknown Indian lady about a role. As soon as she said the location was Zone 1 London, I told her who the end client was.
    I know how much their budget is, and I don't want to work for them for that little. She is also not dealing directly with the client, but through another company, so 2 lots of hands in the pot.
    I also sent my CV as a PDF, so she can't easily edit it.

Oh, and told her I wanted £200 per day more than the figure I know the end client is offering.

Ah well, it's put in an hour.
    so you upped the rate to 350/day?
    well done.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      so you upped the rate to 350/day?
      well done.

plus expensing the towels & flannels

probably the same lady that thinks the wharf is central london...
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

god damn you're so cool

Comment

If this was an overseas Indian agency, I'm impressed you even got Zone 1 out of them.
          Usually I just get "London, UK"

Comment

She forwarded my CV to the second Indian company who are actually doing the hiring.
            They, in turn, sent me an email asking me to log on to their system to fill out the missing parts of their online registration form.

Except the only bits they had filled out was my name, phone number (which they got wrong) and email address.
            ...And they secured the form so I couldn't add in or correct any of the info.
            ...and the email they sent me was from a fake/unmonitored address, so they don't want me to contact them.

Oh dear, too bad, never mind.

Comment

Was the role as a pub singer?

I would pay you £200 per hour. Not to sing.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Was the role as a pub singer?

I would pay you £200 per hour. Not to sing.....
                If we're crowdfunding this, I'll make it £220...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  If we're crowdfunding this, I'll make it £220...
                  He only became mod after singing outside admins house until he got promoted. It was halfway through the first verse of "Im too sexy" when admin caved in.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    He only became mod after singing outside admins house until he got promoted. It was halfway through the first verse of "Im too sexy" when admin caved in.....
                    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Just been for a job interview, one of the bosses asked me how well I perform under pressure.
                    I told them I didn’t know the second verse, but I do know all of Bohemian Rhapsody.
                    Although I quite like this idea that two of you are going to pay me £220 a day not to sing.

When can I expect the money to start rolling in?
                    Can you confirm that this gig (OK, non-gig) is outside IR35?
                    Will you be wanting VAT invoices, or will you be paying cash tips?

Comment

Working...
                    X