• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello I’m an Agent, I get a billion, squillion CVs a day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, I've never had an agent say this to me.

I am not in a niche role, but the experience and clients I've had in past contracts means when ever someone gets my CV I'm confident I'll get a follow up call
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

hmm just a random role on LinkedIn
      https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1414612019/
      over 200 applicants
      and that is just one source assuming they advertise it on several job boards
      Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by ContractBunny View Post
        Correct but people really seem to be forgetting that. Asking if you should send your agent a Christmas present, moaning that they try and take a bigger cut and just failing to recognise the out and out lies.

I don’t know what happened in the last year but the CUK forum seems to have got supine when it comes to agents.
        Rats sensing boat is taking water. They've liked it juicy, treat everyone line a commodity inside/outside, easier to push around and manage, let's not forget they could have been on our side advocating for better contracts all along, promoting our business case. Now with the changes it will be less leeway for them, and they are trying to fill their pockets before they get filtered.
        Last edited by GigiBronz; 16 October 2019, 13:34.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
          over 200 applicants
          You appear to have spotted the first lie by the OP.

Comment

Can we just lay the whole “I got 50/100/500 cvs for this role” thing to rest. It is blatantly lies, they probably do get tens of cvs that are out and out chaff but they very quickly filter them out.

The “I got over a 100 cvs” thing is just a reflex reaction if they are not really interested in you or they can smell the desperation. It is just the other end of the spectrum from when they are interested in you and they tell you, you are the only contractor in the world.
            Agent lips moves

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
              over 200 applicants
              That's why I never normally send my CV in unless I can speak to the agent first. I've sent a CV without speaking to an agent first, maybe 10 times in the past and in almost all cases no one ever got back to me.

When I've spoken to an agent first, I've got an interview maybe 75% of the time.

My roles are a bit niche so I doubt they get CVs well into double figures and I appreciate some people do roles that are a lot more competitive (numbers wise). However, 200 applications shows that perversely, being able to apply for a job online just by uploading your CV or LinkedIn profile has made people much less discerning about applying for roles that often aren't a good fit.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyPenelope View Post
                You appear to have spotted the first lie by the OP.

Hardly representative. Its with Microsoft, and appears to be permie, oh did I mention it is with Microsoft so go sit and spin
                Last edited by ContractBunny; 16 October 2019, 15:27.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                  That's why I never normally send my CV in unless I can speak to the agent first. I've sent a CV without speaking to an agent first, maybe 10 times in the past and in almost all cases no one ever got back to me.
                  Correct that is the ideal. I once got asked to be represented for a role via email. I just deleted it and moved on. If the agency con’t be bothered to phone and talk to you then they probably don’t have a great relationship with the client either.

Comment

Hardly representative. Its with Microsoft, and appears to permie, oh did I mention it is with Microsoft so go sit and spin
                    First you admit agents lie all the time. Then you get all uppity when accused of lying.

Not very logical.

So courageous though, being rude whilst sitting behind a keyboard.
                    Last edited by LadyPenelope; 16 October 2019, 15:31.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyPenelope View Post
                      First you admit agents lie all the time. Then you get all uppity when accused of lying.

Not very logical.

So courageous though, being rude whilst sitting behind a keyboard.
                      I’m obviously not an agent and the thread title was obviously a joke.

Behind a keyboard is kind of how the internet works, it would be deeply impractical and slightly suspect for me to track you down and take umbrage in person.

Comment

Working...
                      X