• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tw*T

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tw*T

PIP assessment: Two stories of applying for disability benefit - BBC News

He is not disabled, for fooks sake he's had a transplant so in a far better position than me. My eGFR is 9%, yet tomorrow I'm up at 5am driving 80 miles to a remote client site, carrying out a full days on site testing and driving back to get back home at aprox 8pm. Last year I was dialysing at client site. If he's on benefits he doesn't have to pay for meds. If he's working then £100 for a year gives him unlimited meds. Also I wish my meds cabinet was that fooking small. Fooking tosser.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

He is not disabled, for fooks sake he's had a transplant so in a far better position than me. My eGFR is 9%, yet tomorrow I'm up at 5am driving 80 miles to a remote client site, carrying out a full days on site testing and driving back to get back home at aprox 8pm. Last year I was dialysing at client site. If he's on benefits he doesn't have to pay for meds. If he's working then £100 for a year gives him unlimited meds. Also I wish my meds cabinet was that fooking small. Fooking tosser.
    Do you feel better now?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Do you feel better now?
      Yes thanks!
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Sob story

Yours to

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

We went through the process for my wife recently and it was pretty straight forward. The scoring is pretty clear so filling in the forms yourself you pretty much know whether you will get it or not before you even send the forms back. There are obviously going to be some grey arrears for some, where a score could go one way or the other, but so long as the claimant is honest and clear on the forms, like I say, it should be fairly self evident.

My wife gets full PIP for mobility and care, but then she's in a wheelchair, can't walk, and needs 24/7 care. Ironically she didn't get full DLA previously, so she was 'upgraded' from her original DLA assessment! No Backdated payments though
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Yes thanks!
            Then no Disability Benefit for you!
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Sob story

Yours to

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              I used to think that you played at being thick ..........

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Then no Disability Benefit for you!
                And long may that be the case!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  We went through the process for my wife recently and it was pretty straight forward.
                  My wife has done this for both our disabled children - says it is a PITA. Very long form, took ages. In fact she wondered how the average thicko manages this.

Maybe that is why assguru does not get DLA for his cretinism.....

Comment

Working...
                  X