• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

XR protests today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XR protests today

Londoners will put up with most things until people mess with the DLR or Tube - drag them down

DLR must be the greenest form of transport anyhoo

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Londoners will put up with most things until people mess with the DLR or Tube - drag them down

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    It's all good trigger-bait for the gammon community.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Depends how the electricity it uses is generated and if they run empty trains at night for example
      Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

No, it IS very green. XR discourage their people doing these kind of protests but activists aren't the best at being told what to do!

What is this glue they use to attach themselves to trains and so on?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

What is this glue they use to attach themselves to trains and so on?

lets hope its very painful to remove!

If it causes infertility to those that use it, that would be a bonus!
          Last edited by vetran; 17 October 2019, 11:03.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Apparently the process within XR was as follows:
            1. The idiotic suggestion to disrupt the Tube was posted as a poll on XR's Telegram group;
            2. An overwhelming majority voted against such an utterly idiotic suggestion;
            3. The utter idiots who'd originally proposed it ignored the poll and went ahead anyway.

There's always a few twats in these loose groupings. But after seeing the video of commuters pulling them down and kicking the crap out of them (until TfL staff rescued them - kudos there), I suspect these particular idiots might be more circumspect in future

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Apparently the process within XR was as follows:
              1. The idiotic suggestion to disrupt the Tube was posted as a poll on XR's Telegram group;
              2. An overwhelming majority voted against such an utterly idiotic suggestion;
              3. The utter idiots who'd originally proposed it ignored the poll and went ahead anyway.

There's always a few twats in these loose groupings. But after seeing the video of commuters pulling them down and kicking the crap out of them (until TfL staff rescued them - kudos there), I suspect these particular idiots might be more circumspect in future
              They should have worn superhero outfits.

Comment

In some countries the trains would just run anyway. That'd soon put the protestors off. And the trains would be on time.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Benito Mussolini View Post
                  In some countries the trains would just run anyway. That'd soon put the protestors off. And the trains would be on time.
                  And I claim my 50,000 Lira!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Mrs bp asked why they don't just leave protesters where they are when they superglue themselves to buildings.

That was after she asked why I have not finished the washing up yet....

Comment

Working...
                    X