• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

XR protests today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    In some countries the trains would just run anyway. That'd soon put the protestors off. And the trains would be on time.
    In Bangladesh they go no matter what

Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Mrs bp asked why they don't just leave protesters where they are when they superglue themselves to buildings.

That was after she asked why I have not finished the washing up yet....

I liked the idea of just removing the door when they super-glued themselves to one.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's utterly ridiculous to target public transport which is hailed as a solution to all known evils despite provision in the provinces being woefully inadequate. The economic realities of providing loss making transport is not something these people care about.

There was some claim about disrupting those evil city types from getting to work. If that's the aim, picket the offices. If my tube ride to work got affected by one of these idiots, they'd get short shrift from me.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
          In Bangladesh they go no matter what

Maybe that's another bunch of XR protestors who have superglued themselves to the train

Comment

They'd probably say the bigger point is disruption to get the message across, not protesting specific things that are bad.

No idea if that's a good tactic but then I don't know if they are garnering much support with these protests generally. We have seen a public shift on environment and particular plastics in the last year or so but whether these lot glueing themselves to things convinces anyone of anything?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It doesn’t matter what they do, there’s a large element of society that will reject everything they say and do as being wrong, bad for the economy, or someone else’s fault.

“We don’t need to do anything, it’s the Chinese”
              “Scientists are making it all up”
              “It won’t be a problem in my lifetime”
              “If we do anything, my share portfolio will drop by 10%, and how will Chardonnay and Tarquin be able to afford their Hackett shirts then?”
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                It doesn’t matter what they do, there’s a large element of society that will reject everything they say and do as being wrong, bad for the economy, or someone else’s fault.

“We don’t need to do anything, it’s the Chinese”
                “Scientists are making it all up”
                “It won’t be a problem in my lifetime”
                “If we do anything, my share portfolio will drop by 10%, and how will Chardonnay and Tarquin be able to afford their Hackett shirts then?”
                And they would prefer a return to pre-decimal currency.

Though I think the Chinese argument is partially valid - the Chinese will need to take part too.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  And they would prefer a return to pre-decimal currency.
                  You'd still end up with HMRC, the next ex Mrs BP and the Official Receiver in a three way scrap for your last half farthing.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    This is more serious than I thought. Won't someone think of the children?

Yes, global warming is happening, yes it's going to cause problems, no, enough is probably not being done. No, the world is not about to end with mass extinctions. That's just hysterical nonsense.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      This is more serious than I thought. Won't someone think of the children?

Yes, global warming is happening, yes it's going to cause problems, no, enough is probably not being done. No, the world is not about to end with mass extinctions. That's just hysterical nonsense.
                      But Greta said...
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X