• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

XR protests today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XR protests today

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    This is more serious than I thought. Won't someone think of the children?

Yes, global warming is happening, yes it's going to cause problems, no, enough is probably not being done. No, the world is not about to end with mass extinctions. That's just hysterical nonsense.
    Not “end”, per se (it’s just a big floating rock, after all), but there are plenty of scientists that believe that we are at the start of the sixth major extinction period.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      Not “end”, per se (it’s just a big floating rock, after all), but there are plenty of scientists that believe that we are at the start of the sixth major extinction period.
      Then let us meet our end with dignity!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Then let us meet our end at dignitas!
        you off to Switzerland then, Ziggy?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          you off to Switzerland then, Ziggy?
          No mate, NAT is coming to Manchester!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Mrs bp asked why they don't just leave protesters where they are when they superglue themselves to buildings.

That was after she asked why I have not finished the washing up yet....
            Or pry them off with a crowbar. If they're lucky they'll still have their skin.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Mrs bp asked why they don't just leave protesters where they are when they superglue themselves to buildings.
              That would be against their human rights.

But dousing them with water THEN leaving them there I'd be more inclined to find acceptable.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                That would be against their human rights.

But pissing up their backs THEN leaving them there I'd be more inclined to find acceptable.

ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  ftfy
                  Not if they're on fire.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    No mate, NAT is coming to Manchester!
                    So is BR14 if there is brown sauce....

Comment

If there isn't brown sauce, I'm cancelling my flights.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X