• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Thread

What are you up to? Anything nice?

TFA.

My son, his wife and the sprog came back yesterday from three weeks touring Scotland. They are come over tonight, bringing whisky and haggis. But we're having raclette at my Swiss daughter-in-law's request. I'm sure whisky will be drunk.
    Saturday, auditioning for a musical play to be performed in 2020. All in German or possibly dialect. Acting and singing auditions. The singers have to choose their own song and sing accapella. Which suits me fine.
    Sunday, BBQ in the afternoon to celebrate the hedge planting is finally finished. Weather looks set for sunny and about 19°C.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Cheers, TFA...a music filled weekend

Of to Trier today for Rasta Knast, Popperklopper, my good friends Charge 69 and Hagbard Celine
      Back home tomorrow morning and then down to Weinheim for The Professionals but popping into the local brewery first for a bevy and food
      Sunday, relaxing and cooking and more relaxing
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

TFA

Building one of these...

You?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

TFA.

Just battening down the hatches for winter - garden furniture in the cellar etc. Lots of jobs around the house. Very quiet hopefully.

Been a tulip few weeks actually.

My wife's car has been written off - engine has blown, got a mega bill from the garage for all the new parts they fitted until they realised. So lost 5k for the car, plus 2.5k for the bill and now have to go out and buy her a replacement. I got my client letter this morning asking about my IR35 status so that's going to hit the fan shortly. My wife has been diagnosed with a late onset allergy - she now has to carry around Epipens. We went out for dinner last week to celebrate our anniversary and she nearly ended up in A&E with an asthma attack. Our dishwasher bit the dust. I spent £200 trying to get it fixed only to be told it was uneconomic. Waited three weeks for a replacement which had issues from day one and now that's gone wrong a week later and we have to wait another week for an engineer. No wonder I've been told my blood pressure is through the roof. I'm sure there's other stuff but that'll do for now.

Yourself? Hopefully less stressful than mine.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            You?
            Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Yourself? Hopefully less stressful than mine.
            TFA. No idea yet. I know its end of term so I have to take the twins to London on Sunday. Still thinking about Saturday.

I do hope tonight to see the Apprentice - not seen it yet. Though MrsBP jhas spoiled it for me by revealing that someone gets fired.....

Comment

Just me, YG1 and YG2 this weekend.

Park and beach walk tomorrow. Pumpkinfest on Sunday. TFA.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                TFA

Building one of these...

You?
                They let you loose with a soldering iron?
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  They let you loose with a soldiering iron?
                  ftfy

Comment

TFA!

No idea. HWMBO is visiting so no doubt there will be nice dinner and cocktails somewhere along the line

And your good self?

Comment

Working...
                    X