• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents not revealing the name of the client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it is duckduckgo.com, a search engine whose selling point is providing their users with anonymity. And they are being so to you.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      Maybe it is duckduckgo.com, a search engine whose selling point is providing their users with anonymity. And they are being so to you.
      I'm aware of DuckDuckGo but it's a bit of a stretch to call it an 'international tech business famous for its defining search engine.'

I'm not aware they make any other products either. It is surely Google.

DuckDuckGo only has a few dozen employees and nearly all in the USA.

The role was for an office temp paying £14-17 an hour if anyone is interested...

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
        I'm aware of DuckDuckGo but it's a bit of a stretch to call it an 'international tech business famous for its defining search engine.'

I'm not aware they make any other products either. It is surely Google.

DuckDuckGo only has a few dozen employees and nearly all in the USA.

The role was for an office temp paying £14-17 an hour if anyone is interested...
        It definitely AtW looking for someone to run his CUK acct so he doesn't get banned so frequently.

Where do I sign up?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          It definitely AtW looking for someone to run his CUK acct so he doesn't get banned so frequently.

Where do I sign up?
          Nah, he already found someone to work for peanuts....literally....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Nah, he already found someone to work for peanuts....literally....

You never let us down...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              I did some work for AOL back in mid 2000's .... I'll give some of my old mates a call and see if they're still hiring. I might be able to get you a nice CD of their software too, if you're lucky
              you have mates
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                you have mates
                To be fair, I was willing to let that one pass...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  To be fair, I was willing to let that one pass...

you are no fun

ooh i came over all assgoo...
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The operative word is 'Defining'. I would take that to mean the first that uses the method used by all other since. The prize goes to :
                    Matthew K. Gray produces the first known web robot, the Perl-based World Wide Web Wanderer, and uses it to generate an index of the web called the Wandex.[5][6][7] However, the World Wide Web Wanderer is intended only to measure the size of the web rather than to facilitate search.

Blame Google for the rise and rise of the dominant Marketing dept. Based on Google analytics.

Comment

Working...
                    X