• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this the end?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    I miss the old CRT TVs and Monitors.
    Still wondering how I'm going to get rid of a 26" ctv and a 21" monitor.

I think I'll buy a truss.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Do an Elvis!

Have you tried shooting at the CRTs?

Lots of little pieces...
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
        Makes sense. Big capacitors can discharge an extremely high current.
        So sounds like you're talking about farts

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I've had one sat in the garage for 9 years. Never got round to getting rid of it because nearest tip is 20 miles away.

Did think of wrapping it in a sheet and dropping a slab of concrete on the tube. But knowing my luck...
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

The jump starter arrived yesterday and has been charged overnight. I may not get time to give it a try today. Torn between taking the car up to my local garage or taking it back to Kwik Fit.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              The jump starter arrived yesterday and has been charged overnight. I may not get time to give it a try today. Torn between taking the car up to my local garage or taking it back to Kwik Fit.
              Don't connect the crocodile clips to your nipples.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Don't connect the crocodile clips to your nipples.
                Wise advice, from experience?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I would take it back to Kwik Fit, they should have performed some checks before selling you a battery. They should've checked the alternator performance - it takes about 2 minutes for them to do this. If they identify that the alternator is at fault they should refund you the money you spent on a needless new battery - then go to your local garage and ask them to fix the alternator.

Comment

Originally posted by Eccystig View Post
                    I would take it back to Kwik Fit, they should have performed some checks before selling you a battery. They should've checked the alternator performance - it takes about 2 minutes for them to do this. If they identify that the alternator is at fault they should refund you the money you spent on a needless new battery - then go to your local garage and ask them to fix the alternator.
                    A job for Saturday then. Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      I've had one sat in the garage for 9 years. Never got round to getting rid of it because nearest tip is 20 miles away.

Did think of wrapping it in a sheet and dropping a slab of concrete on the tube. But knowing my luck...
                      The safe way to remove the vacuum is to knock the nipple off the base of the tube.

Smashing the faceplate is A Really Bad Idea.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X