• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this the end?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    This isn't TPD you know
    True. TPD would have been a much longer rant with far more drivel.

Details! Details!

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Can you let us know how it goes. I'm curious at to what the problem/resolution is.
      I have ordered a jump starter thingy that should arrive next week sometime. Update will follow!

Comment

The RAC chap didn't have a battery of my type on his van - he had nine types but not one suitable for my car.
        You know one can always fit a higher capacity battery, as long as it physically fits in the slot. I bought a lorry battery for my previous Jag and it worked fine.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

This isn't TPD you know
          sorry, too many toddy's

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Did you leave a small light on inside, e.g. maybe by not closing the boot completely? Been there, done that.

Or did you drive through a big puddle and a drop of water made a contact on one of the electronic boards that plague modern cars? Done that too.

Sounds like you need one of these bad boys NOCO Boost Pro GB150 4000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Car Jump Starter for Petrol and Diesel Engines up to 10L. I now have one in the boot of all three of my chronically unreliable cars!

(I think you can buy a 10000 Amp one, for jump starting tanks and that kind of thing. But 4000 Amps should be enough to be going on with.)

You'll also need a proper USB charger for it, such as a Sabrent 60W 7-Port USB 3.0 Hub + 3 Smart Charging Ports
            don't do it. I bought a jump starter from Amazon that seemed not very heavy but claimed to start big cars. It barely charged an iPad.

This is what you want. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clarke-4000...2171047&sr=8-1

Note that it weighs 17kg not 3.4kg. Weight is important in these things.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I have ordered a jump starter thingy that should arrive next week sometime. Update will follow!
              You might want to keep some of the juicy details back for the Xmas Special...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                don't do it. I bought a jump starter from Amazon that seemed not very heavy but claimed to start big cars. It barely charged an iPad.

This is what you want. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clarke-4000...2171047&sr=8-1

Note that it weighs 17kg not 3.4kg. Weight is important in these things.
                That's the one of the ones my brother recommended

Comment

NLyUK has also ordered one for our next session....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I'm surprised she didn't have one already. Maybe you've just been too shy to ask for it

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I'm surprised she didn't have one already. Maybe you've just been too shy to ask for it
                      You have to ask for the 'Crank' special....

Comment

Working...
                      X