• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Antisemitism in Christianity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    given that the Jews and the Muslims don't believe in Jesus, isn't it a travesty that they both use the AD calendar, albeit in conjunction with their own?
    What about atheists, why should we use a calendar based on a bearded mass murdering god's bastard son?
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
      What about atheists, why should we use a calendar based on a bearded mass murdering god's bastard son?
      You believe in God?

I think Jesus was an extra-marital affair gone wrong....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        You believe in God?

I think Jesus was an extra-marital affair gone wrong....
        No

That's what I've been saying Mary shagged some random guy, got pregnant told Joseph it was God who did it. The fool believed her and kicked off a religion of world wide oppression and mass murder.
        Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
          kicked off a religion of world wide oppression and mass murder.
          I forgot that verse from St Pauls letter to some group. "Thou shall oppress and commit mass murder". Thanks for reminding us.

Comment

given that... the Jews and the Muslims don't believe in Jesus
            Given that... you are wrong.
            Both accept that he existed.
            Muslims believe he was a prophet.

Just because they don’t believe he was the “only son of god” doesn’t mean they don’t believe he was a real person.

It’s a shame more “Christians” don’t believe in him, or at least act like they do, rather than spreading lies, fear and hatred, while showing little to no compassion and love for others, like he would have done.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

given that the Jews and the Muslims don't believe in Jesus, isn't it a travesty that they both use the AD calendar, albeit in conjunction with their own?
              Nowadays BCE and CE are used rather than AD/BC
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

well the arsehole OP got what he wanted then.
                4 pages of bickering sh1theads.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  well the arsehole OP got what he wanted then.
                  4 pages of bickering sh1theads.
                  Yep, now you're here we have the complete set
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Given that... you are wrong.
                    Both accept that he existed.
                    Muslims believe he was a prophet.

Just because they don’t believe he was the “only son of god” doesn’t mean they don’t believe he was a real person.

It’s a shame more “Christians” don’t believe in him, or at least act like they do, rather than spreading lies, fear and hatred, while showing little to no compassion and love for others, like he would have done.
                    Neither the Jews nor the Muslims accept what he claimed to be, and the Muslims do not accept that he died on the cross. So this is what I mean when I say they don't believe in Jesus. So I'm not wrong as you claim.

However, there are Messianic Jews, who do believe in Jesus. The Jewish vision of the Messiah is someone like Joshua, an individual who would release them from oppression. So if you consider that it was a Christian nation, i.e. the UK, which effectively paved the way for the modern state of Israel, then Christ was certainly the Messiah for the Jews, irrespective of any religious considerations.
                    Last edited by JohntheBike; 29 October 2019, 09:57.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Nowadays BCE and CE are used rather than AD/BC
                      yes, but they are clearly based on BC and AD, which refer to the birth of Christ. Both the Muslims and the Jews have their own calendar, but clearly are obliged to use the Christian based calendar.

Comment

Working...
                      X