• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Antisemitism in Christianity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Maybe the designer wasn't very competent? Have you seen The Good Place?I see, so all quantum physicists and cosmologists are deists? And Quantum Electrodynamics is purely illusionary? Sure about that? Or do your beliefs fly in the face of the evidence?
      I'm sure you think he did. I was just giving one of the answers possible to the question "Who designed the designer?", and thereby demonstrating that the question is not a killer argument for no designer existing.
      Stop being lazy, google search isn't that hard to use, not all physicists are deists and neither do they all agree on chaos v order.

Classical Chaos Occurs In The Quantum World, Scientists Find -- ScienceDaily

Chaos theory - Wikipedia

An ordered universe though invites another of Augustine's doctrines, that of predestination and with that I am firmly with Pelagius, i.e. it doesn't exist ergo there is no order.

"Who designed the designer?" is a infantile question that as you have proved is easy to debunk, but the question itself is invalid. Chaos is liberating and enables humankind to explore, order is suffocating.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

"Who designed the designer?" is a infantile question
        Hardly a surprise mind you, given the source. One of NAT's more piquant observations.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

"Who designed the designer?" is a infantile question that as you have proved is easy to debunk, but the question itself is invalid. Chaos is liberating and enables humankind to explore, order is suffocating.
          But are you chaotic good, neutral or evil?

Btw - I don't need to use google for this stuff. Anymore than I suppose you do. But if I want to have a reasonable, fully referenced philosophical debate, I won't be using CUK for it. Sorry if that's a disappointment to someone as erudite and intellectual as you.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            But are you chaotic good, neutral or evil?

Btw - I don't need to use google for this stuff. Anymore than I suppose you do. But if I want to have a reasonable, fully referenced philosophical debate, I won't be using CUK for it. Sorry if that's a disappointment to someone as erudite and intellectual as you.
            Stop saying nice things about me! Its not true, just ask the ex Mrs Gibbon.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Stop saying nice things about me! Its not true, just ask the ex Mrs Gibbon.

She says you're not as bad as Brillo.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                She says you're not as bad as Brillo.
                I can only dream of being that bad!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
                  Rape by a god is more acceptable?
                  I have a serious question.

Is it really acceptable on CUK, even in general, to repeatedly go out of one's way to insult a religion and its adherents by mischaracterising its teachings in the most inflammatory way possible? Are we also going to permit people to call the founder of a different world religion a paedophile? If not, why not? Is it just because one of the mods here is a Christian and he seems to handle the flak pretty well that this is deemed to be ok?

I do not think people should be flamed over their religion. There are lines that shouldn't be crossed even in general, and I wonder why this is ok when racism, homophobia, even Islamophobia, aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post

Is it really acceptable on CUK, even in general, to repeatedly go out of one's way to insult a religion and its adherents by mischaracterising its teachings in the most inflammatory way possible? Are we also going to permit people to call the founder of a different world religion a paedophile? If not, why not? Is it just because one of the mods here is a Christian and he seems to handle the flak pretty well that this is deemed to be ok?

I do not think people should be flamed over their religion. There are lines that shouldn't be crossed even in general, and I wonder why this is ok when racism, homophobia, even Islamophobia, aren't.
                    Are you offended?

Remember where you are!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post

Nobody on here gives a sh!t.

HTH.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X