• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speling Polise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speling Polise

Peter Kyle: MP with dyslexia hits back at 'spelling police' - BBC News

Is it time for the Speling Polise to back off and give those with disabilities a chance?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Is it time for the Speling Polise to back off and give those with disabilities a chance?
    Nope.

Hth.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

perhaps if English were more phonetic like Welsh is, we might not have this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
        perhaps if English were more phonetic like Welsh is, we might not have this problem.
        Welsh is supposed to be a very effective way of communicating, it's just that the Welsh have **** all of note to impart.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Ehdojklk fedocrak spegumboo kamzaskula hagodib
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Dave..?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              For giggles I chucked that at Google Translate and told it to figure out the language. It thinks it's Basque but only managed to translate kamzaskula into camcorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Welsh is supposed to be a very effective way of communicating, it's just that the Welsh have **** all of note to impart.
                Nonsense.

We have 10,000 words for rain.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Nonsense.

We have 10,000 words for rain.
                  And none for 'fun'...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Swings and roundabouts.

We had a load of foreign students on my M.Sc. They had to lower the pass mark for the project management module because the standard of English was so bad. I'm sure I'd have failed otherwise - not because of my grammar but just my ineptitude with nebulous subjects like that.

Also, a guy on the same course had his dissertation knocked back because his spelling was so bad (not a furriner - he was from Sunderland). They gave him 3 months to resubmit it. He did and he got a distinction. Stuck in the craw somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                    X