• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I had to turn the radio off...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    From what news I've seen on the matter the source of the issue was the council skimping on money going for the cheaper fabrication.
    Correct, and assuming the block has been rebuild using appropriated materials the "stay put" rule would probably be the best bet for surviving, BUT as anyone could understand after just a few minutes something was clearly wrong with this block and the fire was completely out of control, therefore book rules wouldn't/shouldn't apply and most likely urgent evacuation would be the best option, and this lack of decision is fire brigade fault (don't confuse with individual fire fighters, that are just following orders!!!)
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      I had to turn the radio off... rather than listen to the slimy c*** Boris Johnsons speech about Grenfell. FFS, he was mayor of London cutting back on the fire service at the time.
      At the General Election of 7 May 2015, Boris Johnson was elected as MP for Uxbridge and Ruislip South, with 50.2% of the vote on a turnout of 63.4%. He continued to serve as Mayor until the mayoral election in May 2016, when Sadiq Khan was elected as his successor
      On 14 June 2017, a fire broke out in the 24-storey Grenfell Tower block of flats in North Kensington, West London just before 1:00 am BST; it caused 72 deaths, including those of two victims who later died in hospital. More than 70 others were injured and 223 people escaped.
      Maybe you should have left the radio on and grasped a few more facts before wetting your pants? Honestly, there is only so much of your gibberish that we can realistically put down to your Alzheimers you know!! The rest of it is down to just how monumentally dim you are!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I had to turn the radio off... rather than listen to the slimy c*** Boris Johnsons speech about Grenfell. FFS, he was mayor of London cutting back on the fire service at the time.
        D'you know, he wasn't. Don't let that stop you spouting crap though...

Edit: As also pointed out by several others.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Every UK event in the last 40 years that has resulted in the deaths of more than 10 people, blame has been attributed to the Conservatives. Whether they are in office or not.

Comment

Actually his term as mayor ended more than a year before the disaster, but let's not let the facts get in the way of your prejudices.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Every UK event in the last 40 years that has resulted in the deaths of more than 10 people, blame has been attributed to the Conservatives. Whether they are in office or not.
              Sounds fair enough.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                From what news I've seen on the matter the source of the issue was the council skimping on money going for the cheaper fabrication.
                The fabrication was still legal. The question is why was it legal.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  The most important thing is that Paddy has now shrunk away after having his arse handed to him on a plate - that my chums, is priceless!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Not quite true.

It’s not explicitly illegal, which is a fine difference but still a difference.

Fact Check: is the type of cladding used on Grenfell Tower actually banned in Britain?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      Not quite true.

It’s not explicitly illegal, which is a fine difference but still a difference.

Fact Check: is the type of cladding used on Grenfell Tower actually banned in Britain?
                      Grenfell Tower: Fire started in Hotpoint fridge-freezer, say police - BBC News

Det Supt McCormack says the tests carried out on the cladding and insulation were "small scale" but added: "All I can say at the moment is they [the tiles and insulation] don't pass any safety tests."

So far no-one seems to be able to say what went wrong. Were the regulations incorrect?

Comment

Working...
                      X