• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I had to turn the radio off...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to turn the radio off...

I had to turn the radio off... rather than listen to the slimy c*** Boris Johnsons speech about Grenfell. FFS, he was mayor of London cutting back on the fire service at the time.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I had to turn the radio off... rather than listen to the slimy c*** Boris Johnsons speech about Grenfell. FFS, he was mayor of London cutting back on the fire service at the time.
    The issue was not size of fire service. It was the policies of the fire service. Particularly telling residents to stay put and fire service personnel to keep away. Is that the fault of BoJo?

Comment

I've always found the politicisation of Grenfell unsavoury.

Comment

The size of the response team, wasn't the issue. The issue was failure to update guidance based on previous cases where compartmentalisation has failed coupled with culture of "follow the protocol" to the letter instead of using your brains even at high level in the command chain.

It was clear that the fire was out of control hours before the decision to evacuate was taken. Instead of risking their careers (not even lives), by breaking from the guidance and move for evacuation senior commanders decided to stick to the "plan" until it was too late for many of the trapped people.

Another failure is putting all eggs into one basket - compartmentalisation and not even training for evacuation of such buildings.

After the initial investigations when it became apparent that the main failure was at policy level, Dany Cotton had the nerve to insist they didn't do anything wrong and that she stood by the guidance that had failed so spectacularly.

And now the stupid cow refuses to resign. Which might be a good thing, she should be sacked and tried instead.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          After the initial investigations when it became apparent that the main failure was at policy level, Dany Cotton had the nerve to insist they didn't do anything wrong and that she stood by the guidance that had failed so spectacularly.

And now the stupid cow refuses to resign. Which might be a good thing, she should be sacked and tried instead.
          Indeed. And lets hope it happens faster than Hillsborough....

Comment

The size of the response team, wasn't the issue. The issue was failure to update guidance based on previous cases where compartmentalisation has failed coupled with culture of "follow the protocol" to the letter instead of using your brains even at high level in the command chain.

It was clear that the fire was out of control hours before the decision to evacuate was taken. Instead of risking their careers (not even lives), by breaking from the guidance and move for evacuation senior commanders decided to stick to the "plan" until it was too late for many of the trapped people.

Another failure is putting all eggs into one basket - compartmentalisation and not even training for evacuation of such buildings.

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Well Paddy, I guess that's your professionally offended chips pissed on then, eh?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I think it's disgusting that the report was leaked to the press a day or two before it's official release. Gives no opportunity for the people actually affected by the fire to read and respond. Instead all manner of people were being asked to comment on something that they'd heard of third hand.

Comment

Completely agree! It was clear that emergency services could have done much more (or better) and spare some lives!
                "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

It is disgusting that Corbyn and his cronies have politicized this and trying to use this tragedy for their own political gain
                  Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

From what news I've seen on the matter the source of the issue was the council skimping on money going for the cheaper fabrication.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X