I had to turn the radio off... I had to turn the radio off...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 46

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Default I had to turn the radio off...

I had to turn the radio off... rather than listen to the slimy c*** Boris Johnsons speech about Grenfell. FFS, he was mayor of London cutting back on the fire service at the time.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I had to turn the radio off... rather than listen to the slimy c*** Boris Johnsons speech about Grenfell. FFS, he was mayor of London cutting back on the fire service at the time.
    The issue was not size of fire service. It was the policies of the fire service. Particularly telling residents to stay put and fire service personnel to keep away. Is that the fault of BoJo?

More fingers than teeth

minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

I've always found the politicisation of Grenfell unsavoury.

Contractor Among Contractors

sal 's job has never been outsourced

The size of the response team, wasn't the issue. The issue was failure to update guidance based on previous cases where compartmentalisation has failed coupled with culture of "follow the protocol" to the letter instead of using your brains even at high level in the command chain.

It was clear that the fire was out of control hours before the decision to evacuate was taken. Instead of risking their careers (not even lives), by breaking from the guidance and move for evacuation senior commanders decided to stick to the "plan" until it was too late for many of the trapped people.

Another failure is putting all eggs into one basket - compartmentalisation and not even training for evacuation of such buildings.

After the initial investigations when it became apparent that the main failure was at policy level, Dany Cotton had the nerve to insist they didn't do anything wrong and that she stood by the guidance that had failed so spectacularly.

And now the stupid cow refuses to resign. Which might be a good thing, she should be sacked and tried instead.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    After the initial investigations when it became apparent that the main failure was at policy level, Dany Cotton had the nerve to insist they didn't do anything wrong and that she stood by the guidance that had failed so spectacularly.

And now the stupid cow refuses to resign. Which might be a good thing, she should be sacked and tried instead.
    Indeed. And lets hope it happens faster than Hillsborough....

Super poster

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

The size of the response team, wasn't the issue. The issue was failure to update guidance based on previous cases where compartmentalisation has failed coupled with culture of "follow the protocol" to the letter instead of using your brains even at high level in the command chain.

It was clear that the fire was out of control hours before the decision to evacuate was taken. Instead of risking their careers (not even lives), by breaking from the guidance and move for evacuation senior commanders decided to stick to the "plan" until it was too late for many of the trapped people.

Another failure is putting all eggs into one basket - compartmentalisation and not even training for evacuation of such buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Well Paddy, I guess that's your professionally offended chips pissed on then, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Super poster

ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

I think it's disgusting that the report was leaked to the press a day or two before it's official release. Gives no opportunity for the people actually affected by the fire to read and respond. Instead all manner of people were being asked to comment on something that they'd heard of third hand.

More time posting than coding

CryingSheep 's job has never been outsourced

Completely agree! It was clear that emergency services could have done much more (or better) and spare some lives!
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Should post faster

MasterBait has more data than eek

It is disgusting that Corbyn and his cronies have politicized this and trying to use this tragedy for their own political gain
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

From what news I've seen on the matter the source of the issue was the council skimping on money going for the cheaper fabrication.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”