• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thread to wish Wales all the best at the Rugby world cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What BP said. It must be really galling when your neighbours with a tenth the resources and a tiny fraction of your available players get to almost the same level of achievement against three of the best teams in the world...

In a way I hope England don't win. I've been listening to "We won in 2003" ever since as justification for them being the best in the world. I really don't want another 16 years of it. And SA will not be a walkover: the way England beat the ABs simply won't work against them.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

This is the post I was waiting for...

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      What BP said. It must be really galling when your neighbours with a tenth the resources and a tiny fraction of your available players get to almost the same level of achievement against three of the best teams in the world...

In a way I hope England don't win. I've been listening to "We won in 2003" ever since as justification for them being the best in the world. I really don't want another 16 years of it. And SA will not be a walkover: the way England beat the ABs simply won't work against them.
      Yeah, and England have been really crap, it's only because they're English that they got to the final, not through any talent and ability!

Cheers Mal!
      Last edited by Zigenare; 31 October 2019, 11:05.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Good luck to Wales tomorrow.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          This is the post I was waiting for...

Yeah, and England have been really crap, it's only because they're English that they got to the final, not through any talent and ability!

Cheers Mal!
          I didn't say that. This is rugby, not football, and I have little time for that kind of tribalism anyway.

England are finally playing at something like the level they should have been for the last ten years or so, in line with the resources and depth of talent they have at their disposal. Whether that's down to the coaching of Jones or, rather more likely, that of the Saracens at club level, is a moot point. I've never said they were crap, but a lot of people have been saying they are the best in the world without an awful lot of evidence or results to support that position.

However they still only work properly when the game plan is working. We have yet to see how they will cope when it doesn't. You may be about to find out.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            I didn't say that. This is rugby, not football, and I have little time for that kind of tribalism anyway.

England are finally playing at something like the level they should have been for the last ten years or so, in line with the resources and depth of talent they have at their disposal. Whether that's down to the coaching of Jones or, rather more likely, that of the Saracens at club level, is a moot point. I've never said they were crap, but a lot of people have been saying they are the best in the world without an awful lot of evidence or results to support that position.

However they still only work properly when the game plan is working. We have yet to see how they will cope when it doesn't. You may be about to find out.
            Indeed, I'm looking forward to the game - although it's not my code.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Good luck to Wales tomorrow.
              +1. One must not sink to the level of the Welsh and support whoever Wales are playing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                +1. One must not sink to the level of the Welsh and support whoever Wales are playing.
                ABW?

Heaven forfend!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  It would be fabulous for them to get another 3rd place - for their talents that is a really good result(in the history of RWC they have got a 3rd and a 4th place).

If they work hard they might reach the level of England who have won it, come 2nd twice and have a 4th place. And will get 1st or second tomorrow.

The Welsh don't have much going for them so lets get behind them. Go Wales!
                  If you care so much about Wales, why don't you love to England and take PC with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    If you care so much about Wales, why don't you love to England and take PC with you?
                    ?

Some typos in there.....

Comment

NZ 7

Come on Wales!

Comment

Working...
                      X