• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thread to wish Wales all the best at the Rugby world cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s going to be an interesting one tomorrow - are there some on here who who’ll be struggling to support a team where several are 1st/2nd/3rd generation immigrants who have come to England and taken jobs away from English people?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      It’s going to be an interesting one tomorrow - are there some on here who who’ll be struggling to support a team where several are 1st/2nd/3rd generation immigrants who have come to England and taken jobs away from English people?
      Why don't you get your own thread?

This is to support Wales!

NZ 14 - Wales 10! Comes on boys....

Comment

Wish I was watching this rather than getting score updates on my phone. Sadly it's looking too much for Wales to come back from now.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
          Wish I was watching this rather than getting score updates on my phone. Sadly it's looking too much for Wales to come back from now.
          Looks like they're getting their arse handed to them on a plate.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Looks like they're getting their arse handed to them on a plate.

Its the fault of the English. Since 1536......

Comment

It’s a very interesting match.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                It’s a very interesting match.
                Not got the benefit of TV since they were switched off last month due to some whiner.

Judging from bbc it looks like a blackwash....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Its the fault of the English. Since 1536......
                  Now, I was actually looking at how this could be pinned on the English, is there nothing more recent you can hang it on?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Not got the benefit of TV since they were switched off last month due to some whiner.

Judging from bbc it looks like a blackwash....
                    It’s frenetic.

ABs having a bit more luck (although I think of Gary Player who may have said “The more I practice the luckier I get”)
                    Some of the ABs handling has been amazing and perhaps the score doesn’t reflect the play, but that might be my NH bias.

Comment

All credit to the ABs, they payed superb rugby at dazzling speed. So did Wales, but without quite as much speed. For me the main difference was that the ABs always had a man at their shoulder; a lot of those little short passes were played blind, knowing their guy was on hand so they kept the momentum and denied Wales (or anyone else) time to reform the defence properly.

Great and entertaining match of rugby though. Main takeaway for me was the strength of the young Welsh players coming through the system. Next year will be interesting.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X