• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're Going After the Tax Dodgers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****ed if I know who I'm supposed to vote for, at least the tories will get brexit done whereas Corbyn is gonna dither around for another year or two achieving nothing whilst going 'huh why won't the EU negotiate a good deal after I discarded all leverage we had by agreeing to its demands before we even reached the negotiation table'.

But then the tories seem to make everything else tulip

And I'm sure labour's attack on the rich will extend to contractors as well, although I don't think he has the follow through to make anything actually stick

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      Well according to the clowns Korbyn and McDonnell, anyone who works hard and wants to make a better life is wrong and needs to be punished.

Of course, to save face they are saying they will only go after the "elite", but again their definition of elite means anyone with a decent job, some savings and investments.

I can't fathom why these 2 are still in charge of the party. Considering the farce that is the Conservative party right now, any half-decent centralist Labour government would have stood a great chance of winning the election.
      but again their definition of elite means anyone with a decent job, some savings and investments.
      exactly and it's always been the same. It's the politics of envy. It's all about levelling people down and not up.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
        exactly and it's always been the same. It's the politics of envy. It's all about levelling people down and not up.
        With social mobility, and chances to join the rich, going down, that is likely to prove increasingly popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          You don't happen to be a tax dodger, do you?
          Yes.

As much as every other person on this forum and as much as anyone else who works hard, owns a house, invests for their old age, educates their children to be good for the world and doesn't scrounge off the system.

Apparently that makes me and a heap of other good people the target of McDonnellonomics: drag everyone down to the lowest level and ensure that they are dependent on the state.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            Yes.

As much as every other person on this forum and as much as anyone else who works hard, owns a house, invests for their old age, educates their children to be good for the world and doesn't scrounge off the system.
            Ah. So you're not a dodgy scheme shyster then.

Comment

Here we are in the 21st century and politics still basically comes down to:

The Grasshopper and the Ant

The Ant and the Grasshopper - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

The Grasshopper and the Ant

The Ant and the Grasshopper - Wikipedia

You know Grasshoppers can become locusts?

So yes its a perfect analogy.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

Idiotic analogies
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    FTFY

Why do you think the analogy is idiotic?

Are you suggesting all people who are poor have struggled through the good years building up reserves for the cold times so aren't a bit like a Grasshopper?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This may not be a very popular opinion on this board but many poor people are not poor entirely due to their own profligacy. We all know the stories of unemployed people with 8 kids and Sky TV but that's not the norm.

Comment

Working...
                      X