• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Still early days but all going well.

Comment

Saturday - celebrating my 72nd birthday with my family, I guess Bryn Terfyl will be doing likewise.
      Sunday - relaxing by continuing the restoration of my 1960 MGA FHC.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        TFA.

Thanks to all for their good wishes.

Been recuperating all week; reading, chocolate and killer sudoku. Codeine is flipping awesome. Yesterday was my first time outside since the accident and I walked to the postbox and back (10 minutes). Was at doc's for blood tests this morning. If they are OK then on Monday I'm allowed to drive again. From yesterday have been allowed limited computer use - hoping to do a couple of days from home next week. Also back at the hospital twice next week for them to take some of the wires out of my hand and for a follow up MRI (NHS have been brilliant).

This weekend I shall again be taking it easy. Still early days but all going well.
        Remember to claim your £2000 ipse sick pay insurance sir - if still a member

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Nope, Nutters!
          A Sunday lunch is useless without treacle sponge, bloody amateurs, still probably good enough for army types
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Remember to claim your £2000 ipse sick pay insurance sir - if still a member

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Tarbs, I owe you a pint.
            Last edited by Lockhouse; 8 November 2019, 19:53.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
              A Sunday lunch is useless without treacle sponge, bloody amateurs, still probably good enough for army types
              Or sticky toffee pudding

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Or sticky toffee pudding
                Ftw!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Just got back from Amsterdam. Alternately sunny and raining each day. Bloody cyclists and cobbles! I dislike cities where one has to wear flats for fear of breaking an ankle. And I dislike cyclists. They don't even cycle with the flow of traffic! And the feckers don't stop for anything

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Just got back from Amsterdam. Alternately sunny and raining each day. Bloody cyclists and cobbles! I dislike cities where one has to wear flats for fear of breaking an ankle. And I dislike cyclists. They don't even cycle with the flow of traffic! And the feckers don't stop for anything
                    walking on the red pavements were we?

tsk tsk.

oh, and avoid Edinburgh <cobble city>

and old Basel

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      walking on the red pavements were we?

tsk tsk.

oh, and avoid Edinburgh <cobble city>

and old Basel
                      Not me guv! Was funny where we cut through a bit of the red light district and I looked to my right just as a lady of negotiable affection opened her curtain. Treated to an eyeful of boobage I wasn't expecting at that moment

Yes, been to Edinburgh. Wore flats that day

Comment

Working...
                      X