• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So for those on the mend – hope it all goes ok

I plan on a quiet one doing a few craft projects (new shoes, new laptop bag, model of station) & playing games with BGG (7 days to die & shadowrun)

Oh & cooking up a big pot of chilli-con-carne
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

early start today - some shonky server needed restarting and I had to work with the infrastructure team to get it back.

So early end tonight.

Tomorrow = a lie in. Then DIY
      Sunday potter then over to the MIL for a take away.

TFA

hope our invalids are back to invoicing next week!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        hope our invalids are back to invoicing next week!
        What makes you think I stopped? (I did - I was very ill for a while).
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          TFA

I'm hoping I'll get discharged from hospital today. I came off my pushbike on Tuesday evening and landed on my head. I remember nothing. Woke up in the back of an ambulance. Had bleeding on brain, smashed up face, a couple of other broken bits that are now screwed and pinned and bruising everywhere else. Weak but on mend. A decent quality bike helmet saved my life. Looking forward to a week or so sitting in bed recuperating with the cats. Not currently allowed near a screen or TV for any length of time because of the brain swelling. Appears to be no permanent damage apart from two fingers on my non pot-noodling hand which may be tuliped. Will keep my film-star good looks. Lucky escape.
          But the important question is .... how's the bike?

GWS

For me, rugger tomorrow morning then probably take the wife out for lunch. Sunday we're heading to Lingfield for a few days on a training course with work. Some mumbo, jumbo mindfullness stuff, but I get paid to be there so what's not to like
          Last edited by Whorty; 1 November 2019, 19:09.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

TFA

I'm hoping I'll get discharged from hospital today. I came off my pushbike on Tuesday evening and landed on my head. I remember nothing. Woke up in the back of an ambulance. Had bleeding on brain, smashed up face, a couple of other broken bits that are now screwed and pinned and bruising everywhere else. Weak but on mend. A decent quality bike helmet saved my life. Looking forward to a week or so sitting in bed recuperating with the cats. Not currently allowed near a screen or TV for any length of time because of the brain swelling. Appears to be no permanent damage apart from two fingers on my non pot-noodling hand which may be tuliped. Will keep my film-star good looks. Lucky escape.
            No helmet cam??? What do you think happened ?

Anyhoo, rugby tomorrow- sports bar canary whar

Comment

TFA.
              Got the train to Brussels this morning. Big boozy party tomorrow evening with a few bands. Sightseeing, eating and drinking in between before returning Monday. Actually taking it quite easy due to receiving Hyaluronic acid injections in my knee the last few weeks

Sent from my Boris
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                No helmet cam??? What do you think happened ?
                Thanks for all the good wishes. Home in bed.

Looks like a luggage strap came loose and wrapped around the hub stopping the bike dead and throwing me over the handlebars.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Looks like a luggage strap came loose and wrapped around the hub stopping the bike dead and throwing me over the handlebars.
                  ouch. after my curious encounter with the horsesh1t and the tree back in summer, you have all my sympathy.
                  hope you mend quickly.

Comment

Warning to anyone in Edinburgh this weekend. There's a load of Irish lasses out on a hen do. I'm sure that's not hugely different from most weekends in fairness.

Comment

Not WTFH out on the hunt then.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X