• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Bicycles are far more environmentally friendly than motor vehicles. The bigger issues are that 50% of climate emissions are from 10% of the population who will not change. Overpopulation. And countries that will never change their economies(like China).

Only to serve their man?

While on the subject of 1950s "jokes", why does the bride wear white? It's the colour all household appliances come in....
    There are 9 million bicycles in Beijing, or some I'm told...

Not doing 'em much good though, is it?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      There are 9 million bicycles in Beijing, or some I'm told...

Not doing 'em much good though, is it?
      When I was at school, the Chinese used to cycle and we used to drive cars. Well the teacher asked and 50% had a car(1973).

Soon we will all be on bicycles. And Chinese will all be driving.

Some benefits of cycling: -
      1. It annoys WTFH - especially if you position your lights in an annoying way and drop gel wrappers.
      2. It annoys LM.
      3. eeer - Im struggling now. Surely there must be some others?

Comment

When I was at school, the Chinese used to cycle and we used to drive cars. Well the teacher asked and 50% had a car(1973).

1. It annoys WTFH - especially if you position your lights in an annoying way and drop gel wrappers.
        2. It annoys LM.
        they clog up the air filters on my bike

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          yes, that was always a problem with BSA Gold Stars.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            So same effect as horse manure?

Comment

So same effect as horse manure?
              no. none of that got in the filters

Comment

2. It annoys LM.
                4. You get to see me in Lycra
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

2. It annoys LM.
                  Most of the time I ignore cyclists, and they bounce off quite cleanly, but occasionally one gets stuck under the wheel arch and you have to give them a kicking or else you just end up dragging muck up the street.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Most of the time I ignore cyclists, and they bounce off quite cleanly, but occasionally one gets stuck under the wheel arch and you have to give them a kicking or else you just end up dragging muck up the street.
                    That's if you can get your effin' car started in the first place, eh? Just saying, like.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      That's if you can get your effin' car started in the first place, eh? Just saying, like.
                      GPWM (currently it's working!)

Comment

Working...
                      X