• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Happy perma-ban sasguru day!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Happy perma-ban sasguru day!

Nice try.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Slight change to the Sunday Plan...

Just got back from Bangor Hospital, Mother admitted on Friday with low oxygen levels in her blood - did her usual trick of not informing the rest of the family, no answer on her phone for a couple of days, ring my mate who's a plod on Anglesey to nip round and make sure she's not lying dead on the floor. Then transpires she's been admitted to hospital.

Oi Brillo, I noticed it was foggy near your neck of the woods!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Slight change to the Sunday Plan...

Just got back from Bangor Hospital, Mother admitted on Friday with low oxygen levels in her blood - did her usual trick of not informing the rest of the family, no answer on her phone for a couple of days, ring my mate who's a plod on Anglesey to nip round and make sure she's not lying dead on the floor. Then transpires she's been admitted to hospital.

Oi Brillo, I noticed it was foggy near your neck of the woods!
          How long will she be in hospital for?

It was spectacular round here! Took DD to school for house orientiering - the views were incredible even by the Snowdonia high standards.

I did have a slightly odd incident on the way to school. I have to turn onto the A470 at a roundabout. The A470 bends alot round there - but I checked and nothing coming when I turned on. As I turned off the roundabout a few seconds later there was a car very close on my bumper - he must have been speeding. He had daughter in passenger seat - about 4 years old. He then overtook - and pulled alongside and started mouthing something. I just mouthed 2@ at him. He then went totally ballistic and pretended to pull car in towards me. I laughed - which sent him appepletic. Of course after he passed he had one of those Cymru stickers - I think Cymru is Welsh for "short, small minded racist d1ck-head". He then drove really slowly. Just after my turning he stopped his car - I think he wanted fisticuffs.

Of course such things do not happen in London. People there are hard as nails and most are tooled up. Anyone who behaves like such an idiot in London very quickly gets shanked.

But what I really don't understand is if he was in a hurry and I got in his way, just go round and carry on. Either you are in a hurry or not. Still, logic is not a strong point of the locals. Not quite sure who someone on benefits(paid for by the English of course) has a car. Stole it?

Comment

How long will she be in hospital for?
            Will have a better idea today when I go and visit. Although having seen her today It'll probably be in a box - her lungs are ****'d, COPD. I don't think 55 years of smoking has helped...
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Will have a better idea today when I go and visit. Although having seen her today It'll probably be in a box - her lungs are ****'d, COPD. I don't think 55 years of smoking has helped...
              The human body is quite astonishing so hopefully she will push on. Good luck and please let us know.

Comment

The human body is quite astonishing so hopefully she will push on. Good luck and please let us know.

Been to see her today, 100% better now they've purged her system of CO2. They've moved her to the respiratory ward an we should have some idea soon when she'll be released. Trouble is her lymphoedema has flared up again so they've that to contend with too.

Old people, they should shoot 'em as soon as bits start falling off!

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  Its Friday & nearly 13:00 & none have asked, don't tell me you are all actually working?

So what fun & frolics do you have planned?
                  I suppose I had better ask before HJ gets her knickers in a twist again.

It would also be great to hear about Zig-Mater.

No doubt no-one will ask me what I am up to. Which is good really as I hate you all. I just hope I never meet any of you in real life.....

Comment

TFA, another weekend away.

Tonight: Christmas party of our drinking Stammtisch
                    Tomorrow: Train to Berlin followed by beer and food with some old friends
                    Sunday: Touristy tulipe followed by The Stranglers and The Ruts
                    Monday: Shopping, more touristy tulipe (Christmas markets probably) followed by The Newtown Neurotics who are currently trying to get one of their old songs to no.1 in the UK in time for the election
                    Back home on Tuesday although whilst in the hotel I shall also be catching up on work matters

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Away to Italy

Wine will be drunk

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X