Weekend Thread Weekend Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 134

Thread: Weekend Thread

Super poster

Halo Jones is NOT a disguised employee

Default Weekend Thread

Its Friday & nearly 13:00 & none have asked, don't tell me you are all actually working?

So what fun & frolics do you have planned?
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Super poster

Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

TFA

I'm hoping I'll get discharged from hospital today. I came off my pushbike on Tuesday evening and landed on my head. I remember nothing. Woke up in the back of an ambulance. Had bleeding on brain, smashed up face, a couple of other broken bits that are now screwed and pinned and bruising everywhere else. Weak but on mend. A decent quality bike helmet saved my life. Looking forward to a week or so sitting in bed recuperating with the cats. Not currently allowed near a screen or TV for any length of time because of the brain swelling. Appears to be no permanent damage apart from two fingers on my non pot-noodling hand which may be tuliped. Will keep my film-star good looks. Lucky escape.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Super poster

Halo Jones is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Lockhouse View Post
    TFA

I'm hoping I'll get discharged from hospital today. I came off my pushbike on Tuesday evening and landed on my head. I remember nothing. Woke up in the back of an ambulance. Had bleeding on brain, smashed up face, a couple of other broken bits that are now screwed and pinned and bruising everywhere else. Weak but on mend. A decent quality bike helmet saved my life. Looking forward to a week or so sitting in bed recuperating with the cats. Not currently allowed near a screen or TV for any length of time because of the brain swelling. Appears to be no permanent damage apart from two fingers on my non pot-noodling hand which may be tuliped. Will keep my film-star good looks. Lucky escape.
    Well that's a dramatic response!!

Glad to hear that in the whole you are going to be ok - have a nice restful weekend
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Its Friday & nearly 13:00 & none have asked, don't tell me you are all actually working?
    No. Watching re-runs of Big Bang at the moment...

TFA

I was discharged from hospital today. I got an infection three weeks back, which initially responded to antibiotics, but made a comeback (e-coli), and nearly collapsed on Sunday. Monday I was admitted as an emergency, and put on an IV antibiotic drip. So this weekend, I'll be mostly coach potatoing - got low sodium blood levels, so I'll be munching on salty snacks with impunity. Hoping to do the filming and FOH for a theatre production on Sunday, but if I can't, my videoing partner will handle it. With a swollen tender bit, I'm making friends with an icepack.

@Lockhouse - my daughter had a ski accident and got concussion a few years back. Similarly banned from screen time. She listened to a lot of radio and podcasts. If she tried to think about the accident, her head would hurt... She was fine a few weeks later. I wish you a speedy recovery. I should be back to normal by Monday.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

Super poster

ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

and to thems recovering. Wishing you speedy recoveries and all that.

TFA

Waiting to hear if yea olde jalopy is fixable without it costing me an arm and a leg. I would ideally like it back tomorrow so I can drive it down to Sussex on Sunday for a christening.

Otherwise, I'll be getting the train to Sussex on Sunday for a christening.

Off to see the new Terminator fillum this evening. Guns and robots, what's not to like?

And your good self?

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

TFA

Get well soon!

Any idea how you came off the pushbike? Was any other vehicle involved? Or was it just WTFH shooting at you....

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

TFA.

Taking twins to LLandudno tonight ready for school Monday.

Rugby tomorrow morning. Sleep tomorrow afternoon. I hope to watch Doc Martin and the BBC Lehman program.

Sunday travel back to the smoke very early then sleep.

Yourself?

Godlike

BR14 is always on top

TFA

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Get well soon!

Any idea how you came off the pushbike? Was any other vehicle involved? Or was it just WTFH shooting at you....
    I hope it wasn't horsesh!t in the middle of a bend that caused your visit to the scenery.
    get better soon.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Watching rugby tomorrow morning, then we'll see what the weather does after that.

What about yourself?
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

Super poster

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

TFA.

Rugby tomorrow morning.

Getting stuff ready for the Hallowe'en party tomorrow evening.

Sunday - dunno just yet. Depends what her-in-doors has planned!

Probably sex or DiY, or maybe sex and DiY. Or maybe the sex will be DiY...
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.