• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England vs SA - World Cup Final 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Clue: Location Cymru

Has that helped?
    Whooosssshhhhh. That was the sound of irony going over your head......

Comment

Personally I was supporting Wales in the battle of 3rd place.

I am not going to sink to the level of the Welsh.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Personally I was supporting Wales in the battle of 3rd place.

I am not going to sink to the level of the Welsh.....
        Ahem. Some Welsh, please...

Personally, given the loss of key players and the overall lack of resources, I think Gatland and the squad did bloody well, only beaten by the three strongest teams in the world.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Its a fair cop guv.

Personally, given the loss of key players and the overall lack of resources, I think Gatland and the squad did bloody well, only beaten by the three strongest teams in the world.
          I thought going into the RWC that Wales were the strongest team in the world. And they did amazing well against France - they were not playing their best but still won.

Comment

Whooosssshhhhh. That was the sound of irony going over your head......
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I thought going into the RWC that Wales were the strongest team in the world. And they did amazing well against France - they were not playing their best but still won.
              Well yes, I would agree that their playing strength and determination and refusal to lose is probably better than anyone. What they don't have is the strength in depth of the other three, who have international players to burn, while Wales have no more than three at any given position.

Someone commented recently on an English comment about Welsh using their injuries as an excuse (which they didn't, but hey...) along the lines of how well would England have done without Farrell, Ford, Itoje and the Vunipolas. I think he had a point.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

only beaten by the three strongest teams in the world

and which three were they?

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post

Sigh...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post

Sigh...
                    He's old, it's not his fault, humour him...
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Not to worry. Just remind them what a bertie-big-bollox big game hunter you are and that will halt them in their tracks.

They were with me on the reserve, they know about my prowess
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X