• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England vs SA - World Cup Final 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    They were with me on the reserve, they know about my prowess
    You crapped yourself when the lion turned up though...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Personally I was supporting Wales in the battle of 3rd place.

I am not going to sink to the level of the Welsh.....
      Ha Ha - I like English people generally. Just not the english media.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        You crapped yourself when the lion turned up though...
        To be fair, we did have a female in the pride who would charge us all the time. First few times she did it, it was a brown trouser moment. She'd come to within a couple of metres, and you'd have to sit there hoping she remembered to stop! She was a grumpy fecker. On foot it was even more unnerving but generally we'd spot them before we got too close and we'd have chance to back off out of their warning zone.

Once you got used to her ways you could read when she was going to charge - this made it fun when you had guests though. A quick warning to them, that no matter what happened they should sit still and trust me that they would be safe (in a completely open vehicle, no doors or sides, they never felt safe!) ... then bam, she'd be straight at us. Gave the guests some good stories to take home - not something we'd ever try to do on purpose, but like I say, she was grumpy and it was her nature.

The big males though were pussy cats. Never any trouble so long as you stayed in the vehicle. On hot days they'd sometimes come and sit in the shade of the Landy, which was always pretty awesome if you were on the 'bait seat' and they were by your feet On foot they were a bit more grumpy if you got too close, but generally they were more chilled.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

To be fair, we did have a female in the pride who would charge us all the time. First few times she did it, it was a brown trouser moment. She'd come to within a couple of metres, and you'd have to sit there hoping she remembered to stop! She was a grumpy fecker. On foot it was even more unnerving but generally we'd spot them before we got too close and we'd have chance to back off out of their warning zone.

Once you got used to her ways you could read when she was going to charge - this made it fun when you had guests though. A quick warning to them, that no matter what happened they should sit still and trust me that they would be safe (in a completely open vehicle, no doors or sides, they never felt safe!) ... then bam, she'd be straight at us. Gave the guests some good stories to take home - not something we'd ever try to do on purpose, but like I say, she was grumpy and it was her nature.

The big males though were pussy cats. Never any trouble so long as you stayed in the vehicle. On hot days they'd sometimes come and sit in the shade of the Landy, which was always pretty awesome if you were on the 'bait seat' and they were by your feet On foot they were a bit more grumpy if you got too close, but generally they were more chilled.
          Tell us about that one time, at band camp?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Tell us about that one time, at band camp?
            Not good with honesty are you? Just because you feel the need to create an online persona, doesn't mean we all do. Some of us have actually lived interesting lives

Comment

Just because you feel the need to create an online persona, doesn't mean we all do. Some of us have actually lived interesting lives
              ^ Ah good one Whorty, there was I thinking you're a self-righteous smug so-and-so, but it turns out you can look in the mirror and laugh at yourself after all !

Comment

Not good with honesty are you? Just because you feel the need to create an online persona, doesn't mean we all do. Some of us have actually lived interesting lives
                So, that one time at Band Camp?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  ^ Ah good one Whorty, there was I thinking you're a self-righteous smug so-and-so, but it turns out you can look in the mirror and laugh at yourself after all !
                  I am like this in real life

Comment

Some of us have actually lived interesting lives

Right you are Walter...................
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Right you are Walter...................
                      Too much hair for me. Shaved head, goaty beard is my look

Comment

Working...
                      X