• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cost of going to the Odeon - rant warning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I agree about experience. In fairness I'm making my comparisons to cinemas here in Munich, where normally I'm paying half for the same experience. Which includes a beer. In a glass! Not a plastic cup.
    I understand the reinforced "fat" seats cost extra.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I understand the reinforced "fat" seats cost extra.
      Even at the Heathrow Thistle?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I agree about experience. In fairness I'm making my comparisons to cinemas here in Munich, where normally I'm paying half for the same experience. Which includes a beer. In a glass! Not a plastic cup.
        I think football tickets are much cheaper in Germany than England too?

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
          (Not for visiting English fans they're not. )

German clubs are fan-controlled (no private individual or commercial organisation/sponsor can control more than 49% of the club).
          That's why ticket prices are low by comparison to the UK. Dortmund have the highest average home attendance in the world (c.80k per match) even though everyone knows Bayern Munich will win the league. Most German top-flight clubs offer a standing season ticket for around EUR200. Which is roughly the same as a pair of top-priced seats for a home game at Arsenal.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            (Not for visiting English fans they're not. )

German clubs are fan-controlled (no private individual or commercial organisation/sponsor can control more than 49% of the club).
            That's why ticket prices are low by comparison to the UK. Dortmund have the highest average home attendance in the world (c.80k per match) even though everyone knows Bayern Munich will win the league. Most German top-flight clubs offer a standing season ticket for around EUR200. Which is roughly the same as a pair of top-priced seats for a home game at Arsenal.
            Yup indeed - very interesting youtube video on it... and how to game it!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Yup indeed - very interesting youtube video on it... and how to game it!

Hopefully scooter can graph that for us.....

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                €20-30 or there abouts. Isn't that the norm in England?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  It cost me £4.99 when I went to see it in Swansea last week.

VUE Cwmbran £5 and they've got posh seats....

VUE are ****ers apparently though. If there are no other cinemas in the area its a tenner.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    If you want to see the latest film = Torrents
                    If you want an "experience" = Pay the price and go to the cinema

When we take the kids I use my Cineworld Unlimited which gives me a 25% discount on the crap they want, when it's just MrsMac and I we go to Everyman big comfy double sofas, drinks brought to your seat etc but as a babysitter usually costs us a minimum of £40, throw in £20 for Uber we know it's going to be an expensive evening so make the most of it.
                    Torrents = wank quality. I used to do it but it was so tulipe it was a waste of time.

Did for Descendents 3 recently for my 6 year old. Even she said it was too blurry.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      VUE Cwmbran £5 and they've got posh seats....

VUE are ****ers apparently though. If there are no other cinemas in the area its a tenner.
                      What day to they have their unwaged special deal?

Comment

Working...
                      X