• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cost of going to the Odeon - rant warning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of going to the Odeon - rant warning

Was in Bath recently. Took the kids to see Farmageddon, quite funny. Although the smile was wiped off my face having to part with £55 for the four us. 55 quid?!! These guys are taking the pi$$!! That was apparently a special price including some popcorn, not actually that much.

Looked up the cost for the four of us here in Munich, €24.

It does not surprise me fewer and fewer folks are going to the cinema in the UK. Total pants down. That business is shurly fast going down the tubes.

Apart from the price, me ears were left bleeding. Has the population gone deaf? Thought it was just me but both kids were left with sore ears at the end. You'd think you were in an old folks home the level of the volume.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Was in Bath recently. Took the kids to see Farmageddon, quite funny. Although the smile was wiped off my face having to part with £55 for the four us. 55 quid?!! These guys are taking the pi$$!! That was apparently a special price including some popcorn, not actually that much.

It does not surprise me fewer and fewer folks are going to the cinema in the UK. Total pants down. That business is shurly fast going down the tubes.

Apart from the price, me ears were left bleeding. Has the population gone deaf? Thought it was just me but both kids were left with sore ears at the end. You'd think you were in an old folks home the level of the volume.
    They applied a twat surcharge to discourage you. When that didn't work, they cranked up the volume to drown out your whinging.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Yes, it's not quite The Beaunash but I believe The Little Theatre is still going strong. Probably not showing stuff your kids would want (or be allowed) to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        The Beaunash
        Hmmmm....inneresting....

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        the Beaunash

Comment

The UK is booming and people have lots of disposable income. Unlike Munich.

Are CUK posters allowed to see films not involving Gladiators?

Comment

It cost me £4.99 when I went to see it in Swansea last week.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

children?
              sh1t.

it saddens me that you've managed to pollute the human gene pool.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                It cost me £4.99 when I went to see it in Swansea last week.

Alien Lizard discount?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Alien Lizard discount?
                  £4.99 for the odeon - round here it’s £3 as it’s a crap cinema they keep open as it covers costs just bout.

The local Vue is £5 a show and I think one price drives the other without the odeon we probably would be paying £8 a ticket.

The new Odeon in Durham (being posher and without the competition) is £11.25 a ticket - because they can charge that amount.

Comment

£55? It'd have cost about £75 in Basel.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X