Cost of going to the Odeon - rant warning Cost of going to the Odeon - rant warning
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 34

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Default Cost of going to the Odeon - rant warning

Was in Bath recently. Took the kids to see Farmageddon, quite funny. Although the smile was wiped off my face having to part with £55 for the four us. 55 quid?!! These guys are taking the pi$$!! That was apparently a special price including some popcorn, not actually that much.

Looked up the cost for the four of us here in Munich, €24.

It does not surprise me fewer and fewer folks are going to the cinema in the UK. Total pants down. That business is shurly fast going down the tubes.

Apart from the price, me ears were left bleeding. Has the population gone deaf? Thought it was just me but both kids were left with sore ears at the end. You'd think you were in an old folks home the level of the volume.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Was in Bath recently. Took the kids to see Farmageddon, quite funny. Although the smile was wiped off my face having to part with £55 for the four us. 55 quid?!! These guys are taking the pi$$!! That was apparently a special price including some popcorn, not actually that much.

It does not surprise me fewer and fewer folks are going to the cinema in the UK. Total pants down. That business is shurly fast going down the tubes.

Apart from the price, me ears were left bleeding. Has the population gone deaf? Thought it was just me but both kids were left with sore ears at the end. You'd think you were in an old folks home the level of the volume.
    They applied a twat surcharge to discourage you. When that didn't work, they cranked up the volume to drown out your whinging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Banned

Big Blue Plymouth is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post

Yes, it's not quite The Beaunash but I believe The Little Theatre is still going strong. Probably not showing stuff your kids would want (or be allowed) to see.

More fingers than teeth

greenlake has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    The Beaunash
    Hmmmm....inneresting....

Quote Originally Posted by gricerboy View Post
    the Beaunash

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

The UK is booming and people have lots of disposable income. Unlike Munich.

Are CUK posters allowed to see films not involving Gladiators?

Super poster

DoctorStrangelove is always on top

It cost me £4.99 when I went to see it in Swansea last week.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Godlike

BR14 is always on top

children?
    sh1t.

it saddens me that you've managed to pollute the human gene pool.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    It cost me £4.99 when I went to see it in Swansea last week.

Alien Lizard discount?

Should post faster

madame SasGuru is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Alien Lizard discount?
    £4.99 for the odeon - round here it’s £3 as it’s a crap cinema they keep open as it covers costs just bout.

The local Vue is £5 a show and I think one price drives the other without the odeon we probably would be paying £8 a ticket.

The new Odeon in Durham (being posher and without the competition) is £11.25 a ticket - because they can charge that amount.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

£55? It'd have cost about £75 in Basel.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath