• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who you going to vote for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a remainer it would have to be the Lib-Dem for me. Living in a Labour stronghold, so no chance of Con slipping in. Worst case scenario my excellent local MP (shame he is Labour) gets re-elected. So it's a win-win

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
    To all contractors voting lib dems I would highly recommend you look at the manifesto. They are guning for us hard!

Still not too sure about labour.

cons have sold us out in recent years but are looking to reduce tax and such so best bet is cons or lab.

I've always been labour and probably will vote them again but need to see what the say about sme's.
    Care to share some exerts from their manifesto to that effect?

Conservatives have shown how much they care about "us" with the IR35 reform going full steam in times when they had majority in Government and can't shift the blame to others.

Labour prefer everyone to be an obedient employee member of the union under their control, so can't see how they would care much about "us"

Stop deluding yourself that you are SME - you are one man band. The best way forward is to decouple us from ltd. co legislation by formalising the term PSC with specific and appropriate taxation, allowing for expenses and lack of employer leave/sick pay.

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
    ITT people pissing away their vote on a minor party

That includes lib dem, bunch of complete lying arseholes, amazed anyone would vote for a party that proceeded to break almost every single promise they made
    Name one party that has been in power and not broken the majority of their pre-election promises either in the same term or soon after.

P.S. I would be ecstatic if TBP gets a lot of the vote, it will mainly take the wind out of the Con and some Lab. Even if they get a sizeable number of MPs no one is going into a coalition with them so they will linger in irrelevance until the next GE.
    Last edited by sal; 5 November 2019, 10:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Just post a new poll every day until 12 Dec. We can't get enough polls...
      I thought they were leaving anyway.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        We need to change who is allowed to vote.

Last place I worked someone asked "Who are the opposition?". And they get a vote.....
        You worked with oPM?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The only time we've had anyone other than Labour, he was a disaster. Voted against the things that you would typically associated a liberal with, voted for all the Tory ideas that were put in front of him, got wiped out at the last election.

At least with the current Labour MP I know where I stand - she's raised the issues I've asked her to issue with Treasury, her letters about IR35 to the relevant ministers couldn't have been better if I'd written them for her, she's spoken about IR35 before. I'm trying to get her to sign the loan charge letters as well, and will continue to press for responses about these issues.
          I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
            I've always been labour and probably will vote them again but need to see what the say about sme's.
            If the top brass listen to the Labour freelancing group, that would be great. I think that the group has had discussions with John McDonnell, and their last paper was good from a contracting perspective.

Talking to some Labour MPs, they want to try to solve the low-paid, gig economy, exploited worker and are looking how to do that without catching the higher paid, non-exploited worker who just wants to be left alone, doesn't need protection, happy to bill their £x00 a day and do it themselves.

That's true about many western economies, and the first one who cracks it is going to be the model that others follow (IMHO only).
            I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Much of our family position is this (Both Scots and English mind you)... if you enjoyed the last three years of uncertainly, Brexit exhaustion and the stress it has brought, then vote Tory or Labour. Otherwise Liberal Democrat.

The family is right proper scunnered with the situation and I don't think any of the main parties have accounted for just how fed up people are. They're chanting like it's a normal election when it is anything but.
              I have a feeling family both sides of the border will be voting Lib dem.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Exactly. The referendum was not Tory v Labour v Whoever else. It was a question that crossed all parties. If there had been a group put together to discuss and negotiate, it should have been a cross-party group. Because the referendum result was hijacked by the tories, who wanted no input from the other parties, then it was never going to get cross party support.

I'm beginning to wonder if you lot know you live in a representative democracy. Or even understand that the referendum was only advisory.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I'm beginning to wonder if you lot know you live in a representative democracy. Or even understand that the referendum was only advisory.
                  It took you a while.

Comment

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      Brexit Party.

How many times will you battered wives get slapped around before you realise that things won't change unless you make them?
                      The reality is you will just split the Tory vote...

All the out morons left Labour at the last election so its only the Tory vote your will hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X