• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who you going to vote for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Not religious either so pretty sure no deity was involved. Either my pathetic sperm, or the wife and I being careful as her getting pregnant with her chronic condition would not end well, were the reasons.

Take your choice
    Just tell everyone you did not have children to save the planet and feel virtuous!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Just tell everyone you did not have children to save the planet and feel virtuous!
      Wasn't the reason, but don't think I don't use that now

Although to be fair, even taking into account how nice my wife is, my genes would have turned any of our offspring into twunts I dislike many of the human race, but even I couldn't inflict something I created on the unsuspecting public
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        One small point. The self employed - all 5 million of them - have been proven by academic research to generate £140-145 billion every year for the UK economy. So they probably do count as wealth creators, if only indirectly, by saving BigCo serious costs.

Don't forget EU citizens, who generate around £15 billion for the economy - even though the alternative facts in the far right media would have you believe that they all live on benefits which they then send back to their families in foreign countries.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Looking like a Lib dem landslide.

I don't get Labour bribing the electorate with buckets of cash. Yes taxes need to go up, but cash is the one thing the country does not have. There's no investment cash available. It's all be spent on B and DUP.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Just realised something, if Scotland votes lib dem in a huge way, Brexit and Scottish independence yadda will be killed stone dead.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Just realised something, it's Tuesday!
              FFS,
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Although to be fair, even taking into account how nice my wife is, my genes would have turned any of our offspring into twunts I dislike many of the human race, but even I couldn't inflict something I created on the unsuspecting public
                Try associating with people outside CUK for a change. You might think your genes are quite good.

And nurture plays a big factor.....

Comment

Just realised something, if Scotland votes lib dem in a huge way, Brexit and Scottish independence yadda will be killed stone dead.
                  See where you went wrong there ?
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Looking like a Lib dem landslide.
                    Only in the parallel universe that is CUK.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

How many of the people who clicked on BP here are in a Tory constituency and now can't vote that way?

Comment

Working...
                      X