• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jacob Rees Mogg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    But does he have any advice for those affected by California wildfires?
    Visit an uplifting food bank.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      For the most part I agree with you. However had they followed your advice I suspect that, despite the death toll being considerably lower, they would be getting hung out to dry for departing from the conventional wisdom of staying put. Damned if they did and damned if they didn't sadly.
      While the grunts where risking their lives to get people out, the people in charge were unwilling to risk their jobs... And then don't even have the decency to resign. What a bunch of muppets.

Comment

Should the residents of Yorkshire evacuate immediately?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          He won a thumping majority in a historically Labour-voting constituency and against a very good (if low profile) sitting MP, so I wouldn't write him off just yet.

With hindsight he was probably right, but it was a damned silly thing to say.
          Is it? It was created from the old Wansdyke constituency & that was always conservative in my lifetime until Dan Norris won it for Labour in '97.

Mind you, considering it encompasses all the old Somerset coalfields, I'm surprised it's not redder than it is.

Comment

Working...
          X