• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jacob Rees Mogg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sal View Post

LFB is fully to blame for not applying commons sense and overruling the "stay put" policy the minute it was evident that the fire containment on which the "stay put" policy is critically reliant has failed. And that was like 15-30min into the fire. At that point saving lives by evacuating people, should have taken precedent over firefighters climbing upstairs to fight a fire that is clearly out of control.
    For the most part I agree with you. However had they followed your advice I suspect that, despite the death toll being considerably lower, they would be getting hung out to dry for departing from the conventional wisdom of staying put. Damned if they did and damned if they didn't sadly.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      He won a thumping majority in a historically Labour-voting constituency and against a very good (if low profile) sitting MP, so I wouldn't write him off just yet.

With hindsight he was probably right, but it was a damned silly thing to say.
      No he didn’t. It’s a new constituency. He’s the only MP they’ve ever had.
      Still at risk from a tactical remain vote though.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        Poor bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Really? I lived there for many years. It gained Bath but the "new" electorate was mainly Labour and Dan Norris was a very good MP. As is JRM as it happens...

Everyone bangs on about tactical voting. Its a myth: the average voter goes for a person, a leader (the only reason the Lib Dems got 80 seats was Clegg on TV) or a party
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Nanny would have carried me out of a burning Grenfell, insists Jacob Rees-Mogg

Seems about right

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Grenfell was a terrible tragedy and it is right to investigate the root causes.

What is not correct is this desire to blame someone - you can point to all parties for some failings and to try and pick one party as the culprit is counter productive.

But I guess that's just the world we live in?

Comment

As tragic as Grenfall was i find it very insidious the way it is used to push political views / influence policy

Comment

As usual you cretins don't really understand what's happening

There are 2 phases to the Grenfell inquiry:
                  Phase 1 which has just concluded seeks to find out what went wrong on the day. It rightly criticises the fire brigade for various shortcomings.
                  Phase 2 which is about to commence seeks to understand the broader picture: it will find out who is reponsible for the decision to use cladding, why said cladding is approved for use etc. etc.

No wonder the country is going to pot, the average citizen is too stupid to work basic things out.
                  And now you're all going to vote - that will be fun - for those of us outside
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                    As tragic as Grenfall was i find it very insidious the way it is used to push political views / influence policy
                    Rees Mogg should be ashamed of pushing forward his individualist 'don't trust the state' agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Rees Mogg should be ashamed of pushing forward his individualist 'don't trust the state' agenda.
                      But does he have any advice for those affected by California wildfires?

Comment

Working...
                      X