• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A client who likes to know past manager names?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Thomas is my go to guy

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Chris Peacock is a reliable chap
      Keep your mucky fantasies to yourself...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        John Thomas is my go to guy

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        You do realise you said that out loud...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Just give them pimp at agency names

Comment

Ben Dover

C Lion - with the phone number of London Zoo....

Comment

Give them the name of your former agents. Always good for a laugh.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Mike Hunt and Hugh Jardon spring to mind.
                That's handy - Hugh Jardon is registered on CUK, so I'll PM him ..
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Unfortunately, I have a non disclosure agreement with my previous clients preventing me from disclosing named contacts on any engagement. I'm sure that RBS would admire that principal since they know that you're not going to disclose anything from the project to future agents or clients.
                  I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Just had a call from an agent to say RBOS are looking for some python developers at their offices near High Holborn, and I look like an ideal fit.

The rate sounds good, at least £600 per day he said, but it seems they like as much detail as possible about applicants' previous contracts, and curiously that includes past manager names.

I explained that my policy is to provide references only once an offer is made, but he was adamant that RBOS are less likely to look favourably on a candidate if they don't know who they worked for in several previous contracts.

Anyone contracted or still at RBOS? Are they likely to be looking for python contractors at the moment?

TBH it's pretty obvious this is just blatant fishing for leads, especially as one of the skills they are looking for is not on my CV.

Maybe I'll just make up a few names, or swap names from different clients.
                    They just want a laugh at the expense of anyone who has previously hired you.

Comment

Working...
                    X