• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone triggered?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they protest again and the police barely interfere thanks to this it's gonna be time to get the popcorn out

you can protest and cause chaos without screwing over the public

for example, set fire to the local council offices

block all the streets around the houses of parliament

etc

Comment

In 6 weeks they will be able to express their displeasure at the current progress on lowering carbon emissions, by voting for the Green party and their ambitious £100Bn/year spending on climate change control...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        I wonder if that law will still apply when the streets are full of rioting Brexit protesters...

Not going to happen. The number of Brexiters on Brexit supporting marches is
        Plus the resultant medicine shortage post_brexit means most will be in bed.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ha ha, seems the usual suspects are triggered without even reading the article. No one has said the XR groups are allowed to commit criminal damage, it's merely a ruling to stop the police banning protesting which, as a democratic country is lawful. Or would those on here who voted to 'take back control' like the police to take that control away and turn us into a police state?

Unfortunately the powers that be over history don't like to change and rock their little money making empires, so it often takes protest to kick start any major changes in society. Women's votes anyone?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Ha ha, seems the usual suspects are triggered without even reading the article. No one has said the XR groups are allowed to commit criminal damage, it's merely a ruling to stop the police banning protesting which, as a democratic country is lawful. Or would those on here who voted to 'take back control' like the police to take that control away and turn us into a police state?

Unfortunately the powers that be over history don't like to change and rock their little money making empires, so it often takes protest to kick start any major changes in society. Women's votes anyone?
            Actually its a ruling against the Police banning assemblies where they had a reasonable suspicion that they may result in Public order offences being committed. It appears the Police didn't dot the Is or cross the Ts to his justice's satisfaction. Apparently despite the various protests being coordinated centrally because there were multiple planned acts of public disorder banning any assembly despite the fact they may be linked was not acceptable.

Lets hope extinction rebellion piss in his slippers!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Actually its a ruling against the Police banning assemblies where they had a reasonable suspicion that they may result in Public order offences being committed. It appears the Police didn't dot the Is or cross the Ts to his justice's satisfaction. Apparently despite the various protests being coordinated centrally because there were multiple planned acts of public disorder banning any assembly despite the fact they may be linked was not acceptable.

Lets hope extinction rebellion piss in his slippers!
              Let’s hope they (Xr) get a good kicking again by Joe Public next time they let the loonies out of the asylum
              "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                They've also pissed gammonflakes off, so they're not all bad.
                It's not exactly a high bar, is it? They're a bunch of idiots who have no clue protesting against something that isn't going to happen. And yes, I do think AGW is real, and I do recognise the dangers. But these muppets cause more harm than good.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The intention is to cause disruption and, whilst they say they are non-violent, there will always be an element - hangers on, probably - who will use the cover of the group to incite violence and cause damage. That's not a justification to ban all protest; I'm sympathetic to the policing challenges it brings but struggle to see what lawful avenue the police force has to prevent it.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Excellent. Lock up the scroty little vandals.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Hassle View Post
                      Let’s hope they (Xr) get a good kicking again by Joe Public next time they let the loonies out of the asylum
                      If any of them were suspected of being football fans, a whole new set of rules come into play. Next time Plods, suspect one of them of being a football fan, and the world's your lobster...you can beat the crap out of all of them by association, and it'll be 30 years before the High Court tells you otherwise...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X